FT9101 (F5) Field Service Manual - Diagramas SERVICE MANUAL LARGE CAPACITY TRAY RT32 ......
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of FT9101 (F5) Field Service Manual - Diagramas SERVICE MANUAL LARGE CAPACITY TRAY RT32 ......
RICOH FT9101FIELD SERVICE MANUAL
LARGE CAPACITY TRAY RT32
PRINTER CONNECTOR UNIT PCU10
CONNECTOR BRACKET KP10
Read This First
A few simple symbols and notations are used to help you read faster and find the information youneed. Before you use this guide, glance over this list of special notations and be sure youunderstand what they mean.
Information under this heading describes helpful hints, restric-tions, and how to avoid difficulties.
Failure to pay attention to CAUTION notices canresult in damage to the equipment.
Warnings are for your safety. Failure to payattention to WARNING information can bedangerous to you and others.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICES
PREVENTION OF PHYSICAL INJURY 1. Before disassembling or assembling parts of the copier and peripherals,
make sure that the copier power cord is unplugged.
2. The wall outlet should be near the copier and easily accessible.
3. Note that some components of the copier are supplied with electricalvoltage even if the main switch is turned off.
4. If any adjustment or operation check has to be made with exterior coversoff or open while the main switch is turned on, keep hands away fromelectrified or mechanically driven components.
5. The inside and the metal parts of the fusing unit become extremely hotwhile the copier is operating. Be careful to avoid touching thosecomponents with your bare hands.
HEALTH SAFETY CONDITIONS 1. Never operate the copier without the ozone filter installed.
2. Always replace the ozone filter with the specified one at the specifiedinterval.
3. Toner and developer are non-toxic, but if you get either of them in youreyes by accident, it may cause temporary eye discomfort. Try to removewith eye drops or flush with water as first aid. If unsuccessful, get medicalattention.
OBSERVANCE OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY STANDARDS 1. The copier and its peripherals must be installed and maintained by a
customer service representative who has completed the training courseon those models.
2. The main control board has a lithium battery which can explode if handledincorrectly. Do not replace the battery. Do not recharge, or burn thisbattery. Used batteries must be handled in accordance with localregulations.
SAFETY AND ECOLOGICAL NOTES FOR DISPOSAL 1. Do not incinerate the toner cartridge or the used toner. Toner dust may
ignite suddenly when exposed to open flame.
2. Dispose of used toner, developer, and organic photoconductorsaccording to local regulations. (These are non-toxic supplies.)
3. Dispose of replaced parts in accordance with local regulations.
4. When keeping used lithium batteries (main control boards) in order todispose of them later, do not put more than 100 batteries (main controlboards) per sealed box. Storing larger numbers or not sealing them apartmay lead to chemical reactions and heat build-up.
OVERALL MACHINE INFORMATION
1.1 Installation Requirements
1.1.1 Delivery and installation work flow
Installation environment, floor strengthInstallationcondition check
Operation check as far as themachine stand-by condition
Machine power on
Main body setup
Installation of peripherals
Machine operation check
Space around machine, delivery route
The users acceptance of the limited itemsfor using the machine (See User GuidanceItems section for the limited items.)
Supply cleaning carrier
Set OPC belt
Supply silicon oil
Install power plug and cord
Installing original stacker
Installing toner cartridge
Setting copy paper
1 July 1994 Installation Requirements
Select the conditions which fully satisfy the following items at installation.
1. Avoid a place exposed to direct sunlight or other strong light (should be below 1500 lux).
2. Avoid locations with high temperatures or high humidity, or low temperatures and lowhumidity. (Standard range of temperature and humidity: 10oC to 30oC, 15% to 90%)
3. Avoid places with hot air or strong heat sources.
4. Avoid locations subject to abrupt temperature changes.
5. Avoid small or dusty rooms.
6. Avoid poorly ventilated locations. (Air turnover should be 3 times or more per hour perperson.)
7. Install the machine flat on the floor. It must be level within 5 mm front to rear and 5 mm leftto right. This is mainly to prevent affecting the tracking operation of the OPC belt.
8. Align the position of the LCT and finisher with the copier. First, adjust the height ofperipherals on the basis of the exterior covers position. Finally, align the paper transportguide plate height between each unit. This is to prevent paper misfeeds where each unitconnects.
9. The unit must be installed on a floor which can support its total weight: copier including ADF482 kg, finisher 77 kg, and LCT 75 kg.
10. Provide enough space, 100 cm in front, 60 cm in rear and 30 cm on both sides for operationand service. No fluorescent lights should be installed above the operation unit. (This is tomake it easier to see the operation display.)
1.1.3 Power connection (For the European version machine only)
The plug must be approved under the TV safety standard and for a three-phase power supply.
2. Power supply cord
The cord must be approved under the TV safety standard and have five wires inside. Thecross-sectional area of each wire must be 2.5 mm2, and the outside diameter of the cord mustbe 14 to 18 mm. (The capacity must be over 600 volts and 16 A for each phase.) The lengthmust be 5 m or less even if an extension cord is used.
Remove the operation unit beforetransporting the copier if the copier cannotget into the elevator or copy room. Thisreduces depth to 775 mm from 830 mm.Remove the cardboard packing in advance.
1. Remove four screws (M4 x 6) from the operationunit.
2. Remove the connector for the operation unit andremove the operation unit.
Never carry the copier side down.
4 screws (M4 x 6)Operation unit
Installation Requirements 1 July 1994
1.2 Copier Installation
1.2.1 Accessory list
Name Diagram Quantity UseDeveloper vesselCleaning carrier vesselCleaning carrier magnet
1 of each To collect the developer and cleaning carrier.
2 To set the developer vessel.
1 To receive originals from the ADF.
4 For the docking position adjustment.
Original back fence
1 To install on the original stacker.
Development unitgrounding harness
1 To avoid damage of the image density sensor boardwhen a vacuum cleaner is used.
Tray fences fixing plate 3 To fix the paper tray side fences.
1 To apply silicon oil in the fusing unit.
Plated screw M 4 x 8 4 To secure the vessel rails.Counter reset key
1 To reset the total counter to 0.
Printer interface board 1 To connect a printer using service tool . Theseparts are needed when the optional printerconnector unit is installed. Keep these parts forfuture use.
Short printer harness
Long printer harness
1 To connect a printer using service tool .
When the optional finisher is not used, the sub-tray (P/N-A0291460) must be ordered and used.
Sub-tray 1 To receive copies fed out. (Not required when thesorter is used.)
1 July 1994 Copier Installation
1.2.2 Removing the clamps
1. Remove the cushions from the paper feed tray, thecushion from the copy tray, and the strips offilament tape from the exterior.
2. Open the center door and remove the 7 strips offilament tape and a cushion from the transport unit.
3. Remove the right cover (2 screws). Then, removethe clamps from tray 1, tray 2 and tray 3 using aslot head screwdriver.
Cushion Cushions (3)
Copier Installation 1 July 1994
4. Take off the left cover and remove the red bracket
holding the second mirror.
5. Remove the protective sheets of the exposure
glass and copy tray.
6. Remove the strips of filament tape from the duplexunit.
Protective sheet Copy tray
1 July 1994 Copier Installation
7. To remove the inner cover, remove the left doorfixing screw (2 screws), and disconnect the coolingfan connector.
8. Remove the first mirror bracket (red bracket).
9. To enable accessing the service tool password,turn on DIPSW101-2.
10. Remove the OPC cleaning unit fixing screw to pullout the unit, and cut the unit fastener.
11. To pull out the fusing unit, remove the front fusingcover (2 screws) and one unit fixing screw.
12. Remove the cover from the right side of the unit (4screws).
13. Loosen the pressure fixing screws to remove thewedges on the front and far side. Re-tighten thepressure fixing screws.
14. Install the fusing right side cover.
Install the front fusing cover after pouring silicon oil.
15. Peel off the plain sheet behind the fusing oil pan.