Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Young Professionals
- 1. Young Professionals: the group you dont realize youre missing Amy Mather Technology Librarian, Omaha Public Library Manya Shorr Branch Manager, Omaha Public Library
2. What is a young professional? 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Omaha Demographics http://www.selectgreateromaha.com/Omaha/media/docs/Publications/Greater%20Omaha%20Demographic%20Profile.pdf 10. Why dont most of themuse the library? Would you use the library if you didnt work there? 11. There are many reasons
- They buy their material.
- Alllibrary programming is for kids or seniors.
- They have no idea that we have resources that they might like.
- The library has no value in their lives.
12. What canyoudo? Find the sweet spot! 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. How do you find them? 21. How we do it:
- Email blast. Are you still asking people to opt-in? Stop it!
- Facebook and Twitter. Yep, they work.
- Time and a little $.
- Word of mouth/personal connections/staying involved with the community. Involve yourself with local groups.
- Direct mail solicitations. Be bold and ask.
- Local media. If you plan a quirky and odd event, they will want to cover it.
- High turn-out numbers are great but dont mean much. Slow and steady.
- One-night liquor license!
22. Most importantly, You.Must. Try.