SXSW goes global - An analysis of the international audience tweeting about #SXSW
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of SXSW goes global - An analysis of the international audience tweeting about #SXSW
#SXSW Goes Global!Where in the world the tweets came from
#SXSW Goes Global
• 2014 was the biggest year ever for the Austin-based South by South West festival. It was also the year it had its most global audience.
• We took a look at 40,000 people tweeting about the festival over two weeks and identified where in the world they came from.
Location of Tweeters talking about South by South West by Country
State by State
• Within the United States, the spread of people tweeting was as you might expect.
• California and New York were the most active states talking about the festival after Texas itself. There were people tweeting from every state in the country.
Location of Tweeters talking about South by South West by US State
All Across the World
• SXSW was making an impact further afield as well. Tweets came flying in from all over the world, from India to Indonesia and even Kazakhstan: the 10th most engaged foreign country.
• Apparently ticket sales for the interactive segment of the festival were bought by representatives of 74 different countries this year, up from 54 in 2013.
Top 20 foreign countries tweeting about SXSW