Software Engineering & Programming Paradigm by john pereless
Embed Size (px)
This document is based on software engineering fundamentals. Author has explained on SDLC, Programming age and modes of software development! explaining software development life cycle and associated programming technologies. He explained modes of software development as well as programming paradigm is also illustrated. Phases involved on software development are also explained by the author. John Pereless is President / CEO of Pereless Software, a global software development firm delivering business solutions and custom applications to customers including National Geographic Channel, Fox, PepsiCo, and Nokia Siemens Networks. He is responsible for the strategic and overall business development of Pereless.
Transcript of Software Engineering & Programming Paradigm by john pereless
- Pereless Software Software Engineering By John Pereless
- Basics Of Software As we all know the basics of software i.e. a well written code or set of instructions that performs specific task as intended in chunks of programs coded in certain language so called programming language. We are lifted above from the beginning era of programming world. Weve seen such zig- zag and on track scenario on system development life cycle. We achieved a lot from the modern software age.
- Contd.. Software development is associated with the computer programming, documenting the piece of code, and testing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks i.e. platforms involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. The term refers to a process of writing and maintaining the source code, but in a broader sense of the term it includes all that is involved between the conception of the desired software through to the final manifestation of the software, ideally in a planned and structured process. Therefore, software development may include some R & D to get new results as an outcome, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re- engineering, maintenance, or any other activities that result in software products.
- Goal Software can be developed for a variety of goals, the three most common being to meet specific needs of a specific client or business, to meet a perceived need of some set of potential buyers or users, or for fulfilling the personal need. Embedded software development, that is, the development of embedded software such as used for controlling consumer products, such as inbuilt firmware added on your devices such as washing machines, printers internal controlling system, your digital watch etc requires the development process to be integrated or assembled with the development of the controlled physical product.
- SDLC & Processes The need for better quality control of the software development process i.e. software development life cycle has given rise to the discipline of software engineering & reverse engineering at the same time, which aims to apply the methodological systematic approach exemplified in the engineering paradigm to the process of software development. Software testing plays a major role in releasing the software versions. We can have this done in multiple phases for various outcomes. But the ultimate goal of software testing is to deliver a better version and fully user friendly product that meets common goal of achieving the results as well as zero bug identification in terms of operating as well as security of the end
- SDLC Steps Analyzing the problem This phase is associated with identifying the problem and understanding the actual business or product goal. Analysis of involved users, structure or prototype of product for the business. Market research This phase involves market study for the product to be developed. Product scope, competitive market etc are analyzed and created a market research report for further budget and marketing mix analysis.
- SDLC Steps Gathering requirements for the proposed business solution In this phase, software developer team ask for more information on business i.e. what will be the business plan? How the business will function? What will be the business logic [Revenue model etc] How the users will interact to the system? etc Once all information is received, development team starts for the next phase which is based on gathered information. Devising a plan or design for the software-based solution In this phase, the design prototype is sent to the business owner or main business team for approval. If things are modified, design team accept the changes and work for further etc.
- SDLC Steps Implementation (coding) of the software This is very important phase as it involves the software development programming methodology. System is divided into various modules and programming is done for the individual module by the programming team. Integration starts when module wise coding is done. Testing the software As we discussed above, in testing all bugs are removed and the developed system is tested on various parameters like speed, security, functioning, operating etc
- SDLC Steps Deployment When the system is fully tested, approved by the development as well as the business client end, it is deployed for making it available for the end users. Maintenance and bug fixing This is the last phase on all SDLC and software development model. Maintenance and bug fixing is on going processes. The main goal of this phase is to offer support services for technological and structured changes.
- About Author: John Pereless is President / CEO of Pereless Software, a global software development firm delivering business solutions and custom applications to customers including National Geographic Channel, Fox, PepsiCo, and Nokia Siemens Networks. He is responsible for the strategic and overall business development of Pereless