Shavuot is a joyful celebration of Israel’s grain harvest and is the second of the three major...
of 14 /14
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Shavuot is a joyful celebration of Israel’s grain harvest and is the second of the three major...
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Shavuot is a joyful celebration of Israels grain harvest and is the second of the three major festivals at which every male Israelite was obligated to appear before the LORD. The biblical injunction of Exodus 23:22 says: And you shall celebrate the Feast of Weeks (Shavuot) that is the first fruits of the wheat harvest IS THE CONCLUSION ( ATZERET ) OF PASSOVER
- Slide 3
- Various names associated with Shavuot The Festival of Weeks Pentecost (Greek word) The Festival of Harvest (wheat) The Festival of First fruits The First Fruits of the wheat (Bikkurei Ketzir Chittim) The Day of Assembly (Yom HaK'hal) Hag HaAtzeret (Atzeret shel Pesach) Season of the Giving of Torah ( Zaman Mattan Torateinu)
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- The counting of the omer serves as a chain that links Passover to Shavuot. Vayikra 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Shabbat, from the day that ye brought the omer of the wave offering; seven Shabbatot shall be complete:
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- The journey from leaving Egypt (Mitzrayim)[a type of the world and world system] consists of a time of preparation (counting the Omer) to meet with the God of Israel at Mount Sinai COUNTING THE OMER REPRESENTS GROWING IN SPIRITUAL MATURITY - as believers Ephesians 4:14; Ephesians 4:15
- Slide 10
- The spiritual journey consists of: THE OMER WAS THRESHED (BEATEN) WHICH REPRESENTS HUMILITY Isaiah 41:14; Isaiah 41:15 MOUNT SINAI REPRESENTS HUMILITY THE HUMBLE WILL BE EXALTED Isaiah 57:15; Matthew 18:4, Matthew 23:12; Philippians 2:8; James 4:10; 1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: THE OMER WAS PARCHED IN FIRE
- Slide 11
- FIRE REPRESENTS JUDGEMENT - Genesis 19:24; Exodus 9:23 Jeremiah 52:13, Revelation 20:10 REFINEMENT AND PURIFICATION Psalm 12:6; Zechariah 13:9, Malachi 3:3 THE TRIALS OF OUR FAITH 1 Peter 1:7, James 1:2 James 1:3, James 1:12
- Slide 12
- THE OMER WAS TOSSED IN THE WIND REPRESENTS EVERY KIND OF DOCTRINE Ephesians 4:8; Ephesians 4:11; Ephesians 4:13; Ephesians 4:14 THE OMER WAS GROUND INTO FINE FLOUR REPRESENTS REFINEMENT, PURIFICATION AND BEING MADE WHITE (RIGHTEOUS) Isaiah 48:10; Daniel 12:10; Revelation 3:5
- Slide 13
- 13 SIEVES MEANS UNITY OR ONENESS the word Echad has the Gematria 1 8 4 = 13; ISRAEL CAMPED = UNITY Exodus 19:2; ACTS 2 = UNITY = ONE ACCORD Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
- Slide 14
- Shavuot does not have a fixed calendar date in the Bible, but rather falls on the day after the completion of the Omer count that is, the fiftieth day after the Omer offering is brought..
- Slide 15
- 1. The giving of the Ten Words or the Torah. Torah = Gods instruction or teaching to us to understand Him better; not Law; never intended, nor should it ever be understood by non-Jewish people to mean a code of dos and donts. The Torah was given by God in the third month of the biblical religious calendar, which is the month of Sivan. This day is exactly 50 days from the crossing of the Red Sea (Yam Suf) read the Ten words. Go Power point.read the Ten words. Go Power point. 2. The giving of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) by God. Yeshua resurrected on Feast of first fruits (Bikkurim). Fifty days later the Ruach HaKodesh came to dwell in the hearts and lives of all believers in Yeshua. Comparison of Torah Covenant and Brit Hadashah Go to Exodus 19 3. Shavuot as a Marriage: Go to Exodus 19 Go to Exodus 19 Themes of Shavuot: A new revelation of Gods will (Lev 23:15-16, 21)