Part 2a: Adapting To Change
Embed Size (px)
Global Design Alliance Presentation
Transcript of Part 2a: Adapting To Change
- 1. Adapting to Change Lessons Learned from a Recent Win GSA BIM & Laser Scanning IDIQ Contracts Beck Technology Innovation in All Dimensions
- 2. Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity provides a vehicle to purchase indefinite quantities of supplies over an established period of time. Legal basis found in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), section 16.501(a). 2
- 3. 2009 Overall Timeline and History Feb 04 Sources Sought Solicitation Issued April 15 Solicitation for Commercial Items Issued April 28 RFP Due Date Delayed May 6 RFP Postponed Indefinitely May 8 RFP Cancelled May 8 Re-issued under Brooks Act Procedures June 8 RFPs Due & Submitted July 24 Shortlist Notified and Interviews Aug 21 Pre-Award Notification Sept 14 Negotiations 3 Oct 6 Final Awards
- 4. Building the Team 4
- 5. Our Team Beck Technology Innovation in All Dimensions
- 6. Building the Team 1) Full, but compactnot unwieldy 2) Layers of expertise 3) Technical and practitioner 4) National coverage 5) Industry leaders 6) Partners who have worked together - GDA
- 7. Building the RFP 1) Demonstrate expertise 2) Demonstrate passion 3) Demonstrate capacity 4) SF330s RFP documents 8
- 8. Geographical Coverage HQ GSA regions Beck offices Beck projects Team office locations
- 9. Submit RFP at 11:59 PM because, why would you do it any earlier? 10
- 10. 11
- 11. Interview/Pricing/Negotiations 1) Shortlisted! 2) Interview 3) Pre-award 4) Contract and labor rate submission 5) Negotiations 6) Final award 12
- 12. Six Phases of a Project 13
- 13. Six Phases of an IDIQ 1. Whats an IDIQ?
- 14. Six Phases of an IDIQ 2. Charge forward with unrelenting motivation!
- 15. Six Phases of an IDIQ 3. Shortlist / Interview / Negotiations
- 16. Six Phases of an IDIQ 4. Celebratory excitement
- 17. Six Phases of an IDIQ 5. Listen & wait.
- 18. Three Phases of an IDIQ 6. Go Sell!
- 19. Take Aways 1) IDIQs are public recognition 2) IDIQs are a license to hunt 3) Value in the process 4) Not easy money 5) Can lead to other opportunities 20
- 20. Taming the Teams Working with these guys is Team Harmony through like herding cats. Process, People, and Systems
- 21. Taming the Communication Chaos Serial Communications in Communication Harmony Multiple Media in Tamed Portal
- 22. Taming the Model Federated Model Information Chaos in Information Harmony in Separated Models Tamed Model Contractual Barriers | Technology Barriers | Purpose Barriers | Workflow Barriers
- 23. Taming the Database Taming the database with Data chaos and data loss one central database in unlinked models outside of the design tools
- 24. Taming it All