LoyaltyGames 2014 - Finals Game Plan - Kirill Krayushkin
Embed Size (px)
This Social Innovation Game Plan was produced by Kirill Krayushkin as part of the 4-hour World Vision Case Study completed by the 12 World Finalists of LoyaltyGames 2014, the Loyalty and Gamification World Championships (http://www.theloyaltygames.com). All rights reserved.
Transcript of LoyaltyGames 2014 - Finals Game Plan - Kirill Krayushkin
- 2014 WORLD FINALS Note: All copyright and intellectual property rights remain with the Finalist who authored this submission. Published by Professional Services Champions League (LoyaltyGames) with the authors permission. Finalist: KIRILL KRAYUSHKIN Country: RUSSIA This Game Plan was created in 4 hours as part of the LoyaltyGames 2014 World Finals
- Global Week of Action Symbol + Wearable accessory, depicting child or mother. Every Child and Mother accessory of one type could be connected into one whole accessory (but that isnt mandatory for wearing it). Every half has a piece of code on its back. Features Directly addresses the issue of mother and child care. Could be made as different kind of accessory: pins, keychains, earrings etc. Maintains low cost of production. Could be easily integrated in promotions, trademarking or gamified systems. Could be made as unisex accessory suitable for every consumer Portrait of child and mother together +
- Gamified application of symbol Every buyer automatically become a participant in gamified program. She gets a link to website and free app for her phone. She can register her accessory on the site by entering small portion of personal information and code on the back of accessory (or even add a photo of it). If she want she could add multiple codes (if she bought more than one accessory). With that app she can track other users who bought this accessory. But her target is the owners of other half (for example, if she has a Child half her task would be to find owners of Mother halves ). It doesnt matter if other owners has accessories of other types; all that matters is the code. When she finds one of that owners she must enter the code combination, that is made of two codes from those two pieces, and add a photo of pieces combined to get experience points. So does the other user, who will be prompted by the app to verify the code. Those point will cumulate and give user ability to open information about the program, ability to promote this event in her local area or even some bonuses from retailers if the budget allow. This app will be supplemented with the web-site, where you can also track people, make appointments or enter the codes. App and site will have built-in ads (like Freerice.com) to acquire profit for every user interaction.
- Partnership and promotions Partners Clothes and accessory retailers. Ads-providers in app and on the website. Promotions On-place engagement by the staff Everyday quests to promote interaction Involvement of celebrities (and a chance to meet them in order to get the piece of code). Local meet-ups, organized by the top players. 2015 Milan Expo great place for finding partners and engage customers
- Possible setback How to make people actually wear this In order to make this accessory wearable by anyone we will make several different types of them, so everyone who would want to make good deed will not get useless accessory in return. Also the visual style must be good but that issue lies on the shoulders of designers. How to engage them into action With every accessory there must be provided short card with small set of rules and all necessary addresses included. Interaction could begin even in the store: some personnel might engage customers to log in on the place and participate to win instant experience (and get some for themselves). How to avoid cheating and point-hoarding We will make sure that every interaction give profit to fundraisers, so hoarders and those, who shared information through web, wont do any substantial harm.
- Loyalty Program/Game Make change happen Vision This is the online game about the world where the given issue hasnt been corrected. In its core it is a simple browser game with two main screens: the Future World and the World Today. Every participant can make the changes in the World Today, related to given issue, that affect the Future World in positive way. Every player shares the same experience as the Warrior for the Future. He fights with the Dark Future with his good deeds. The positive effect of the peoples actions is cumulated. Every person that participates impacts the World in the Future. The World Today is the main battleground. You can complete quests, connect members to your guild, complete other guilds requests and participate in other sorts of activities. Results of those activities will be simulated on the World in the Future map, making it a better place. There is a possibility for user to engage in activities on the different scope level: global, regional and local. If we can measure every donation the users make we can measure the impact it does. If the participant doesnt want to engage in game he still can participate in the loyalty program, but without complicated roleplaying elements and world maps. He still will have his PBLs and benefits which he could use with his mobile app or special member card. Every player could design and print out this card to use it in real world. We want user feel as a part of something big and powerful, that can change the world and his every action counts in that process of changing. In order to promote Global Week of Action symbol we will integrate gamified experience of code- collecting to the World Today map. The owners could get exclusive content and rights for the given week.
- Goals of the project To engage participants in charitable interactions. To promote awareness of the given issue. To create the communities of helpful citizens. To provide existing supporters with tangible and intangible incentives.
- Players Everyone with the minor computer skills, 18+ years old. Achievers, socializers and explorers. Goals Primary: to complete daily quest, local quest or your own quest Secondary goal is strongly connected with the primary. If you complete this primary goal , you will improve the World of Future.
- Core loop 1. Players enters the game 2. Player receives quests/feedback from his clanmates. 3. Player completes quests. 4. Player sees the impact on the global level, gains experience and items. 5. Player repeats this loop as long as he wants. 6. Player logs out. Other different activities include: Making his own quests; Exploring both world maps; Contacting other players, sharing quests and completing them; Activating promotional bonuses; Exploring the information about given issues; Making and managing news.
- Mechanics and dynamics Experience and leveling up, badges, local and global tops, guilds are simple mechanics that are well known and do not need additional explanation, so almost everyone could be engaged very quickly. The more player is engaged in the activity the more he could do. From the certain levels he can organize the community, create global quests and be engaged in other high-level activity. We will guide players with the quests and events. Those would be different in every other region of map. Everyone could make their own quests and complete them, adding the points to region and changing the Future World. This will resolve the issue of autonomy Quests will include creating and sharing news, donating, bringing friends to the game and so on. They wont need everyday participation. By providing the immediate feedback on the Future Map we could show the user that his actions matter. Also we could provide some additional feedback by the communities, personal letters of appreciation etc. which could be collected by the players.
- Loyalty Mechanics Gifting will be conducted with promotional accessories and partnership programs; intangible incentives will include letters of recognition, leaderboards, appearance in local community news etc. By making their own quests people could suggest the areas of possible improvement in the program. After moderation those quests could become global. Users could share posts and engage their friends to participate for the additional bonuses. With every level comes the responsibility: high-level users have much more possible actions than low-level participants. All existing supporters after registration will gain additional boost in level based on their record so they wont need to start all over again. Also they could help to maintain the critical mass of players in order to engage newcomers with active environment.
- Player profile Level and experience; Inventory (in-game items and real-life incentives); Badges; Current player groups; Current stats; Current quests and suggested activities. *If user will want to engage only in Loyalty Program, he would see this screen as his main.
- Strategy Create Loyalty Program part with quests and incentives. Create supporting mobile application. Launch it with the existing supporters. Create the main game. Soft lauch it on the small fraction of users in order to analyze data and define set of rules for different regions. Big worldwide launch with appropriate rules.
- Implementation and resources For the given task we will need strong team of programmers, game designers and artists to create a comp