Innovation In Services And Business Models
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Innovation In Services And Business Models
- 1. john wilbanks creative commons / science commons Open Innovation, Institutional Policy, and the Digital Commons 10 november 2008 haas school of business
- 2. knowledge gaps process failures transaction costs lost opportunities
- 3. knowledge gaps process failures transaction costs lost opportunities is the answer more products?
- 4. the discovery process:
- 5. the discovery process:
- 6. thanks to the products, we already know a lot...
- 7. we need process innovations to match product innovations.
- 8. collaborative workows standard data formats collaboration software secure legal frameworks we need process innovations to match product innovations.
- 9. most products advance incrementally
- 10. business model: sell more, faster, cheaper
- 11. business model: sell more, faster, cheaper
- 12. does the ability to ask more questions, faster, lead us to more knowledge or just more data?
- 13. whats different about communications and computers?
- 14. 1. we know stuff.
- 15. 1. we know stuff. 2. open networks.
- 16. content code physical
- 17. 1. the digital commons represents a methodology to bring network externalities to the sciences
- 18. the commons
- 19. knowledge rights
- 20. digital commons interoperability low transaction costs law and technology
- 21. user interface to copyright
- 22. 140,000,000+ digital objects online under our licenses licenses ported to 45+ countries integrated with Google,Yahoo, Firefox, Microsoft Ofce...
- 23. content code physical
- 24. innovation content code physical
- 25. 2. the digital commons is a innovation- friendly way to manage data, materials, and content for science.
- 26. project development do no harm funding pro bono running code community think market early focus on life sciences exploring climate change, geospatial, elsewhere
- 27. what would move via the science network?
- 28. Open Access Research Tools
- 29. making the tacit knowledge encoded in materials and data available at high speed and low transaction costs.
- 30. user interface to technology transfer core contract grants the right to do research
- 31. one-click for DNA and materials
- 32. ibridge
- 33. build offer through simple set of choices (post-authentication)
- 34. Scientist readable Lawyer readable Machine readable
- 35. service opportunity: amazon, e-bay, paypal, shipping, materials prep
- 36. one-click for clinical data
- 37. service opportunity: data cleaning, data integration, data analytics, virtual clinical trials, storage, escrow, etc.
- 38. Open Access Content
- 39. making knowledge legally and technically available for re-use and composition into new knowledge.
- 40. we use digital tools to replicate paper technology
- 41. creative expression
- 42. ideas or facts
- 43. e=mc2
- 44. the container, not the facts.
- 45. the container, not the facts. but locks the container.
- 46. IGFBP-5 plays a role in the regulation of cellular senescence via a p53-dependent pathway and in aging-associated v