Embed Size (px)
Transcript of For Executives
- 1. 7th International Hymenopterists Congress 20-26 June 2010 Kszeg, HUNGARY
2. The congress will be held in the small, scenic medieval town of Kszeg( www.koszeg.hu ), located in the most western corner of the country,on the Austrian border ,inHotel*** Irottk( www.hotelirottko.hu ) 3. Kszeg 4. Kszeg 5. Venue -- Hotel Irottk, Kszeg 6. Arriving & Registration
- Arriving : i)Schwechat Intl Airport, Vienna
- ii)Ferihegy 2 Intl Airport, Budapest
- transport from both airports to Kszeg willbeprovide d by Organizers
- Registration June 20, Sunday, at the Hotel Irottk (whole day); June 21, Monday morning
7. Language The official Congress language is English. Papers Oral papers should be no longer than 15 minutes; additional discussion of5 minutes will be allowed. Posters Posters will be grouped in cognate sessions.The size should be no larger than A0 portrait (840 X 1176mm).Abstracts Abstracts should be submitted electronically by e-mail directlyto[email_address]no later than1st February 2010 .They should not exceed 500 words, in the format:Title; Author(s) (presenter indicated by *);Affiliation(s) including e-mail addresses (linked to authors by superscripts);Text (no figures, tables, references). 8. Congress Programme
- 2010. June 20(Sunday) Arriving and Registration in Hotel Irottk. Busses and shuttles will take participants from arriving points to Kszeg.
- 2010. June 21(Monday) Registration till 8:30am. Welcome and Opening. Work. Welcome Reception.
- 2010. June 22-23(Tuesday and Wednesday) Work from at 8:30until late afternoon .
- 2010. June 24(Thursday) A whole-day excursion: Fert-Hansg National Park:
- -- 2,5 hour guided canoe trip on Fert Lake reed channels;
- -- 2,5 hour guided tour along saline lakes;
- -- Sopron town or insect collecting(on the border of the Fert-Hansag National Park; remnants of a formerly continuous wetland with boggy, marshy/swampy habitats and wide plains reminiscent of the Asian steppes);
- -- evening grill party in Kszeg Mnt.
- 2010. June 25(Friday) Work, ISH Business Meeting, Congress Dinner.
- 2010. June 26(Saturday) Departure (shuttles will take people to Schwechat Intl Airport, Vienna or to Budapest. Post-congress events starting.
9. Post-Congress Events
- Work at the Natural History Museum in Budapest and/or Vienna
- Insect Collecting :
- --2010. June 24(Thursday) A whole-day excursion: Fert-Hansg National Park: insect collectingon the border of the Fert-Hansag National Park
- --Post-Congress Insect Collecting -- t hree days (June 26-29) -- Saturday-Sunday-Monday, only western Hungary.
10. Fert-Hansag National Park insect collectingon the border of the Fert-Hansag National Park remnants of a formerly continuous wetland with boggy, marshy/swampy habitatsand wide plains reminiscent of the Asian steppes 2010. June 24(Thursday-- afternoon ) 11. National Parks in Hungary White signs and arrows indicate the collecting sites in the vicinities of NPs 12. Kszeg Mountains(Kszeg Landscape Protection Area) June 26 The Kszegi mountains are still covered with almostcontiguous forests, which comprise mostly hornbeam-oakforests on the southern and lower parts of the mountain, while the higher parts of the mountains are dominated by montane beeches. Mountain alder marsh forest often emergein the watery valleys at the lower reachesof streams, and marshy meadows or smallermarshy, boggy areas. 13. Bakony Mnt., N of Balaton Lake June 27 On the thin soil of the steep dolomite ridges and slopes,we find steppe-like vegetation. Scrub forests of tomentose oakand sumac cover large areas in the mountains, especially onthe southern slopes and ridges. 14. rseg National Park (June 28) There are marshes, marsh meadows wet hayfields The characteristic feature of the rsg landscape,is the sight of continuous (uninterrupted) woodland. The underwood of forests and meadows, clearings in forests is constituted by alpine flora The real specialty of the area is the extensive calciphobic common pine forests 15. Insect Collecting
- A room for presorting collected insects will be arranged with
- --5-6 stereomicroscopes for the material presorting
- --ethyl-acetate for killing insects
- --ethanol (75% and/or absolute) for preserving thecollected material
- Please, secure yourselves with rain coats, boots, sweeping nets, tubes, all necessary equipment for collecting and presorting insects
16. Programme forCompanions
- 2010. June 21(Monday) Start 9:00am from Hotel Irottk. Balaton Lake: Keszthely (castle museum, walk in downtown); Badacsony (lunch, souvenir shopping); Tihany peninsula, visiting the famous Tihany Abbey. WelcomeR eception.
- 2010. June 22(Tuesday) Start 9:00am from Hotel Irottk. Budapest whole day, with English language guide.
- 2010. June 23(Wednesday) Start 9:00am from Hotel Irottk. Vienna whole day, with English language guide.
- 2010. June 24(Thursday) Start 8:30am from Hotel Irottk. Fert-Hansg National Park. English language guide.
- 2010. June 25(Friday) Start 10:00am from Hotel Irottk. Pannonhalma Abbey and abbey wine cellars. English language guide. Congress Dinner.
- 2010. June 26(Saturday) Departure or staying for post-congress events. No special programmes for companions during the 3-day insect collecting trips.
17. Congress Fees
- Accom m odation and Dinning Feesincludes : breakfast, dinner and lunch (Welcome Party, evening grill party in Kszeg mountains, Congress Dinner); 2 coffee & tea breaks; tourism tax; wellness section; wireless internet access, 4 conference rooms (with audio and visual equipment, poster boards)
- Accommodation and Dinning Fees are the same for Delegates and Companions
- No Accomodation Fee reduction is possible for students (MS & PhD)
- Accommodation, Dinning and Excursions for children under 15 y age --gratis
18. Accom m odation and Dinning Fees 1 USD = 177.28 HUF 33700--19047400 --267 47400--267 Dining5 days Total Accomod . 6 nights 63700--359 30000--169 Companion: 107400 --605 77400 --436 60000--338 30000 --169 Delegate: Single room Double room 19. Congress Fees
- Registration Fee for Delegatesinclude s:transport to(from) Kszeg, a whole-day excursion to the Fert-Hansg National Park and Sopron town (June 24); congress documentation, and other goodies
12000HUF 12000 HUF Post-Congress 3-day wasp collecting25000HUF 30000 HUF Late Reg. Fee(at the Reg. desk after arriving) 20000HUF 25000 HUF Early Reg. Fee(from April 10 thtill June 10th, 2010) Student Fee Regular Fee 20. Congress Fees
- Registration Fees for Companions:
- Two options :
- --Free programme , with onefull-day excursion to the Fert-Hansg National Park and Sopron town together with delegates (June 24).
- --Five - day programme
21. Registration Fees for Companions * the fee includes the bus rent price for three days. 10000HUF 10000HUF Post-Congress 3-day insect collecting trips* 35000 HUF 15000 HUF Late Reg. Fee (at the Reg. desk after arriving) 27500 HUF 9700 HUF Early Reg. Fee(from April 10 thtill June 10th, 2010) Option 2 (5-day programme) Option 1 * (free programme, excursion on June 24)