Embed Size (px)
Presentation about scanner and flatbed scanner
Transcript of Flatbed scanner
- 1. Flatbed Scanner ABIN V ARKKATTU
- 2. What is scanner? An input device that scans (reads) the image as a series of dots and introduces the information into the computers memory.
- 3. Some definition DPI Electronic code Digitized image
- 4. DPI DPI (dots per inch): density of computer or printer image: a measure of the density of the image produced by a computer screen or printer.
- 5. Electronic code A scanner see images and converts the printed text or pictures into electronic codes that can be understood by the computer. Electronic code
- 6. Digitized image A representation of a two-dimensional image using ones and zeros (binary).
- 7. BIT DEPTH It is the ability of the scanner to capture different colors. The resolution and color of the scanned image is depends on BIT DEPTH of the scanner.
- 8. What is inside a scanner? Colored filter Rotating lamps Software for scanner OCR software
- 9. Rotating lamps The scanner operates by using 3 rotating lamps which has a different colored filter
- 10. Colored filter It has 3 different colors: RED, GREEN and BLUE.
- 11. Software for scanner Software for scanner translates the API procedure calls into primitive commands Some common scanner software: - SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) - TWAIN - ISIS (Image and Scanner Interface Specification) - WIA (Windows Image Acquisition)
- 12. OCR software OCR (Optical Character Recognition) OCR software let you easily convert images, such as digital photographs, scanned documents, printed books, etc. into text.
- 13. Flatbed scanner A scanner with a glass scanning surface on which objects are placed; similar to a photocopier.
- 14. How does it works ?
- 15. How a flatbed scanner works? 1: a flatbed scanner see images and converts them into electronic codes.
- 16. 2: The scanning unit (CCD) moves across the image to be scanned How a flatbed scanner works?
- 17. Process of scanning a glass pane (platen) a bright light Charge- Coupled Devices
- 18. 3: It reads the image as a series of dots and then generates the digitized image. How a flatbed scanner works?
- 19. 4: Digitized image is sent to computer and stored as a file. How a flatbed scanner works?
- 20. You place a drawing, photograph or other printed document face down on the glass and close or lower the plastic cover. When you activate the scan feature, a light shines from under the plastic and a copy of your paper appears on your monitor. Uses of Flatbed scanner
- 21. PROPRETIES OF FLATBED SCANNER Because of its non movement we can expect more quality output and risk is low. ADF is a feature which takes several pages and feeds the paper one page at a time into a scanner or copier, allowing the user to scan, and thereby copy, print, or fax, multiple-page documents without having to manually replace each page.
- 22. ADF(Automatic Document Feeder)
- 23. PROPRETIES OF FLATBED SCANNER Scanning Sizes It is different in different level flatbed scanners A) Entry level flatbed scanner 8.5 11.7 inch size of documents we can scan 300 600 dpi 8 bit depth
- 24. PROPRETIES OF FLATBED SCANNER Scanning Sizes B) Mid level flatbed scanner 12 14 inch size of documents we can scan 600 1200 dpi 10 bit depth
- 25. PROPRETIES OF FLATBED SCANNER Scanning Sizes C) High end flatbed scanner 14 24 inch size of documents we can scan