Drowsy Driving Facts and Stats
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Drowsy Driving Facts and Stats
- 1. Drowsy driving: Facts and stats.
- 2. Drowsy driving is a major problem in the U.S. The risks, dangers, and tragic results associated with the practice are alarming indeed. Now, in this presentation we have highlighted a few important facts and stats that are related to drowsy driving, in particular. Have a look. Introduction
- 3. FACT 1: Theres no particular test to determine sleepiness in drivers as there is for intoxication, i.e., Breathalyzer. FACT 2: Drowsiness or fatigue can play a major role in crashes involving alcohol. About one million of such crashes happen all over the globe.
- 4. FACT 3: The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) estimated that drowsy driving was solely responsible for 72, 000 crashes, 44, 000 injuries and 800 deaths in 2013. FACT 4: An estimated 1 in 25 drivers (aged 18+) has complained of drowsiness while driving in the previous 30 days.
- 5. FACT 5: People tend to fall asleep more on long and boring rural highways. However, those who live in urban areas are more likely to doze off while driving compared to people in rural areas. FACT 6: Most crashes occur between 4 to 6 am, 12 to 2 am, and between 2 to 4pm.
- 6. Who are more likely to drive drowsy? Drivers not getting enough sleep. Commercial truck drivers. Shift workers. Drivers with sleep disorders. Driving undergoing sleep medications.
- 7. Know the warning signs of drowsy driving Furious blinking or yawning. Missing the exit. Lane drifting. Sudden stops and starts for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
- 8. Keeping drowsy driving at bay Stick to a sound sleep schedule. Get enough sleep before getting behind the wheels. And finally, avoid drinking alcohol or taking sleep medications while you are behind the wheels. ACT TODAY TO SAVE YOUR TOMORROW.
- 9. Designed and Compiled by: Houston Office Baumgartner Law Firm 6711 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston, TX 77069 P (281) 893-0760 TF (866) 758-4529 www.texas-truckaccidentlawyer.com
- 10. Designed and Compiled by: Houston Office Baumgartner Law Firm 6711 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston, TX 77069 P (281) 893-0760 TF (866) 758-4529 www.texas-truckaccidentlawyer.com