Amazing e classrooms
Embed Size (px)
This presentation was created for the recent ITEC 2014 conference at the Opera House in Sydney and demonstrates the exciting use of videoconferencing eg skype, google hangouts and virtual classroom software such as blackboard collaborate to connect classrooms statewide, nationally and globally. • The benefits and value of virtual conferencing and its essential place in transforming the classroom as we know it. It illustrates the innovative ways in which outside experts, classes and community can be virtually brought into the classroom, including authors, illustrators, virtual parades, for share ‘n tell, student forums etc
Transcript of Amazing e classrooms
- Amazing eClassrooms Anne Mirtschin @murcha http://www.murcha.wordpress.com http://bit.ly/R2pUCR
- Learning with members of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in the virtual classroom
- Emoticons Backchannel Recording Capacity to send files Interactive whiteboard Polling feature Videoconferencing feature Breakout rooms for group work
- Virtual classrooms can be recorded for those who are ill etc
- The Bats Cara hawk: his wing looks like it's going to brake 4B DGPS: what age do the bats learn to fly? Billy-Jo Hawk: Did it try to escape from you? Grade 2/3 Woodford: How many teeth do bats have? Trevo hawk: what happen to it eye Cara hawk: how easy is it to brake a bats wing smithy: arent they posisoness Grade 2/3 Woodford: What do bats feel like? jasmine .j: do they hurt scottinea: are the bats dead or did u catch them alive? Grade 2/3 Woodford: What do bats eat? 4B DGPS: are they really blind? Billy-Jo Hawk: Is there black bats, like full black? Moderator (Miss Iro, Mrs Gow and year 6/7): do bats carry any diseases Grade 2/3 Woodford: What sort of fauna and flora live in the sinkholes?
- .......................more chat! dont confuse me this tinme i dont get why you have that 400 on the debit side i always get confused between debtors and creditors, who do we pay, and who pays us??
- Students shared on whiteboard and chat how it feels to be bullied it makes you feel so bad that you want to crawl into bed and never come out again
- Girls created a movie Entered a global challenge and received an honourable mention
- Virtual Easter Hat Parade Year 7 Hawkesdale students view Boneo Primary students hat parade!
- 40 students from 2 schools synchronously draw their decorated eggs on the interactive white board
- Safer Internet Use Day
- The stats 1 classroom (virtual in Blackboard Collaborate) up to 17,000 students 170 physical classes A class of deaf students from Furlong Park School 1 teacher (or presenter) Greg Gebart from Cybersmart
- A screen dump from the presentation
- How it looked from our year 5/6 students perspective!
- Polycom videoconferencing equipment
- Student Leaders from 2 small rural schools meet at lunchtimes
- Hands on Literacy through Pottery With Ms Delightful!
- Hands on Literacy through Pottery With Ms Delightful!
- Anzac Day
- Mark Wilson - artist
- The artists sketch using electroboard/document camera/polycom with Year 5/6
- Student engagement
- Student Outcomes
- Sharing Anzac Stories
- Student Election Forum Hosted by Gungahlin College, Canberra
- How it looked - #gcf2013!
- Learning with education staff from National Gallery of Victoria
- Wisteria from Marriners Museum, Virginia USA Life at Sea
- What Students Liked Much better learning from someone like Wisteria than a textbook How she showed the actual objects All of it was really good Wysteria was a really good presenter, asked questions and got everyone involved. Different time zone and it was interesting to know that she was in my yesterday and there was a night time concert outside while she spoke to us. Lady pirate Chin commanded 500 pirate ships, made me interested in old history Liked how she was actually at the museum, and showed us the actual objects from the ship To see the things they used photos and objects
- The Global Backchannel Kar Wai i kinda shiver sometimes when talking in front of people Georgina yeah same
- Malay Students Share Presentations #Cheer On For Reshma wow.. didnt know that this is a fun room i remember last time how we were talking about Exo and Shaolin soccer :P Good conversations :)
- Learning with students from Indonesia at lunchtimes
- Students in Indonesia demonstrate how to cook a local dish!
- Should Australia go to India to play sport?
- With American School of Mumbai
- International Peace Day with a Russian Special School
- World Read Aloud Day with prep/one students from remote cattle station, Australia
- Learning Scratch with Lana, USA over skype
- Sprites for World Friends project on World Museum site
- You cant ask questions of a textbook!
- Do you teach or have any knowledge of the native wars between the americans, seminoles, iroquois, cherokee etc, in the times of george washington?
- Mobile skype teacher Lorraine Leo from USA solving student problems in Scratch
- Google hangout for World Peace Day
- Sharing with Sebastian Panakal and wife Seena from India
- From sharing a photo of a typical student lunchbox in Australia with Year 7 Science Students in Germany
- Connecting Canteen managers via German/English interpreter
- The German food day will be on next Wednesday. There will be three dishes on this day they are; Pork Schnitzel and gravy rolls $4.50 German pasta Bake $4.50 Beef goulash with spritzla & German noodles $4.50
- Mardi Gras Day with virtual global judges
- Ghangout with German students
- Thai Linkup
- Sharing their Scratch outcomes using Skype
- Making the Impossible Possible Students from Cheery School in the biggest slum in Kenya connect to the world.
- What it meansWhat it Means Transparent Messy Teaching Spontaneous learning Essential to be networked Teach and learn on the fly Use teachable moments Risk taking **Develop a powerful network**
- Tips Teach and learn on the fly Be adaptable with tools Test Backup Plans Be yourselves it doesnt have to be perfect or polished Have a grab bag! Have fun and take learning beyond what we know it!
- For Content Providers.. Find Champion Schools/Teachers The web camera Interactivity Animated presenters Variety of media Backchannel Gauge body language of audience Set a maximum time limit