Affiliate Marketing Overview: How to Earn Money from Affiliate Marketing
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Affiliate Marketing Overview: How to Earn Money from Affiliate Marketing
- 1. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Internet marketing has many different ways to make money. Affiliate marketing allows you to sell other people's products and share in the profits. A lot of consumer-facing businesses work that way: Most shops Stores like Amazon Even places like McDonalds sell Coca Cola & other brands
- 2. Affiliate Marketing - Overview The logic behind affiliate marketing is simple: Find products to sell Find people who want to buy those products Of course, there are lots of things to learn along the way but at it's most basic that's all you need to do.
- 3. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Affiliate marketing is just another way of saying commission only salesman There's no need to buy stock, no premises needed (although a web presence helps) and no limit to the amount of money you can earn as an affiliate.
- 4. Affiliate Marketing - Overview With an almost infinite choice of directions to go in, affiliate marketing has the same issues as regular internet marketing: It's easy to get distracted It's easy to procrastinate It's easy to think you're doing OK when you're really just treading water
- 5. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Which means you need the same kind of discipline that you'd need with regular internet marketing The ability to focus and get things done The ability to work under your own direction The ability to objectively measure what you're doing
- 6. Affiliate Marketing - Overview But those are all the same issues as anyone who's their own boss faces. You'll probably improve over time most people who stay at affiliate marketing manage to sort themselves into a routine. How long it takes you to do that depends on a lot of factors including how much you want to succeed.
- 7. Affiliate Marketing - Overview With affiliate marketing you'll need to do most (or all) of these: Research and choose a niche Research and choose products to promote Decide on the main ways you want to do your promotion Put those ideas into action
- 8. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Additionally, you'll almost certainly want to encourage people to join your email marketing list. It's extremely difficult to break-even on the front end products you're likely to be promoting. That holds true whether they're relatively cheap or more expensive.
- 9. Affiliate Marketing - Overview The reason behind that is that's the way all marketing goes. Initially, it's easy because (relatively speaking) there aren't many people competing. Longer term, it gets harder because competitors see how much money is on the table and start moving in to the market. And once markets reach maturity, you'll need some kind of back end promotion in order to make money.
- 10. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Traditional marketing often teaches that you should continue promoting until the cost of acquiring a customer matches the money you make from them. Good marketers factor in the average lifetime value of a customer not just the initial break the ice purchase which is why the cost of acquiring a customer can often go above the amount you earn from the first purchase.
- 11. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Some affiliate marketers even recognise that by paying over 100% commission on some of their products. During a product launch, it's not unheard of for affiliates to be offered 200% or even 300% commission once they reach a certain sales threshold. On top of those commissions, there are often prizes and bonuses for affiliates making the most sales.
- 12. Affiliate Marketing - Overview That's because product owners know the lifetime value of the customers you're introducing. It's where they make their money and they're prepared to share some of that future income with you now. That logic is why a lot of people suggest that you should create your own products.
- 13. Affiliate Marketing - Overview I agree with that logic it's what I do as well as affiliate marketing. But it takes time to get to that stage. And affiliate marketing is a great way to earn money relatively quickly.
- 14. Affiliate Marketing - Overview I'll get in to how to choose a niche and how to choose products in a later video/PDF. And I'll go into a lot more detail about how to promote products. But, for now, I want to give you a quick taste of just how easy it is to promote products as an affiliate.
- 15. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Normally I'd suggest building a list not doing that was one of the many mistakes I made when I first started affiliate marketing. But for the sake of simplicity, I'm going to skip that here and show you how you can start promoting a product almost immediately. It's using videos...
- 16. Affiliate Marketing - Overview You'd probably think that you need a video camera or maybe a screen capture program. And chances are that you've got a video camera inside your phone, so that's definitely an option. Personally I don't like being on camera so I prefer slide show videos like this one.
- 17. Affiliate Marketing - Overview They're easy to create I use a free program called Libre Office which is a very similar to Microsoft Office but without the hefty price tag. I then type out most of what I want to say that saves me stalling and cuts down the number of um's and err's. Other people just use bullet points and then talk it's certainly quicker to produce videos that way but it's not my personal preferred style.
- 18. Affiliate Marketing - Overview You can create slideshow videos inside YouTube itself. Or you can use Google Hangouts to record your webcam. So as usual there are lots of different ways to create videos. Don't get hung up on the precise method pick one and use it.
- 19. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Then record a video and publish it on YouTube. The length of the video doesn't matter too much different people suggest anything from a minute upwards. You'll probably get less people watching a longer video but those that do watch will be more likely to follow through with the call to action at the end of the video.
- 20. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Experiment to figure out the style that works best for you. Remember to include a call to action in the video. Put at least one link in the description. And don't stop with just one video.
- 21. Affiliate Marketing - Overview Once the video is live, Tweet about it, mention it on Facebook, pin it on Pinterest and do other things to help promote it. That's a really simple and effective way to start your affiliate marketing. It's no cost apart from your time.
- 22. Affiliate Marketing - Overview And it stands a chance of making a sale. The more you do, the more chances you get. YouTube is just one of lots of different ways that you can promote affiliate products. In the next video, I'll go into more depth about how you can choose a niche, find products to promote, create your own website, set up a list and generally start creating a proper internet marketing business.
- 23. Affiliate Marketing - Overview This slide show is also available as a video here. And it's part of a series of videos/PDFs. If you'd like to be notified when the next video/PDF is available, click here.
- 24. Affiliate Marketing - Overview In the third video, I'll go into more depth about creating content videos are just one of the ways that you can do that, there are several others and lots of different places that you can promote your content and your affiliate links.
- 25. Affiliate Marketing - Overview In the fourth video, I'll bring everything together and give you a roadmap that you can follow to make your affiliate marketing profitable as quickly as possible. If you haven't already signed up to get an email when the next video is released, use the link below this video to do that.