Embed Size (px)
Yoga goes much beyond the physical exercises. In this presentation one can understand the depth of the complete Yoga practice that includes meditation as the central piece. Yoga means unification of the individual with the Cosmic.
Transcript of Yoga
- Meditation For Inner Peace and Social Harmony by Dada Rainjitananda
- In this vast Universe
- there are so many galaxies, stars and planets and amongst them
- The planet Earth In this planet there are so many beings,
- Undeveloped and developed beings
- amongst them human beings
- Every being, every entity has a characteristic of its own. The cause of its existence The essential factor that keeps it alive, that makes it exist. It may be a developed entity or any element, take for example:
- Fire What is the essential characteristic of fire? What is the reason for its existence?
- To burn. It exists because it burns
- Human Beings What is the essential characteristic of human beings?
- Human life What is human life for? What are human beings searching for? The Yogis say: Happiness, love Peace Bliss
- How much of that? How much of happiness / peace do we want? How many minutes, hours or days?
- Are the people finding that peace and happiness?
- What is the difficulty? The senses The mind
- For how long are the senses pleased? Eyes Movie 2 hours Ears Music CD 1 hour Feeling roller coaster ride 10 min Taste Ice Cream 5 min Smell Flower 10 sec The senses have a limited capacity to satisfy
- What is Meditation It is a system to develop the human mind in all aspects To attain harmony, inner peace and happiness.
- The Human Mind In YOGIC science the mind is divided into layers
- The First Layer The Conscious Mind
- The Second Layer The Subconscious Mind
- The Superconscious Mind Third Layer: Supramental intuition, creativity Fourth Layer: Subliminal conscience and non-attachment 3. Fifth Layer: the golden layer.
- How to reach there?
- The Microcosm and The human being
- the Macrocosm The Cosmic Consciousness
- Mental Expansion The microcosm is like a drop of water The Macrocosm is like the ocean When the microcosm thinks of the Macrocosm human mind expands to infinite
- The Mantra Thinking about the Infinite the Macrocosm, the Cosmic Consciousness. It is a thought or a word which expands the mind calms the mind and liberates it from limitations
- MANTRA Meditating with a mantra helps the mind to reach the deeper layers
- Regular practice is a must to attain progress in Meditation.
- How does meditation affects the society? By expanding the mind the feeling of Universalism is awakened. The feeling of closeness with everyone and everything. Meditation changes the individual psychology and the social psychology.
- Social Psychology To build a society, there are two distinct psychologies. One is service psychology, which inspires people to promote collective interest.
- The second is group psychology, which only tries to promote the limited interest of a small group.
- Those who are guided by group psychology want to establish the authority of their group and impose their interests on others. This leads to inter-personal and inter- group conflict.
- Only the psychology of service, the synthetic approach leads to unity and cohesion amongst numerous individuals and groups.
- What is the best psychology? The idea to promote the welfare of the universe.
- Human society is one and indivisible
- For psychic progress and to make the mind light we take the idea of Universal welfare And for Self-Realization we meditate on the Universal Consciousness with the help of a Mantra. This is the formula of the path of bliss.
- Universal Mantras Baba Nam Kevalam Everything is an Expression of Infinite Loving Consciousness
- Let us experience meditation Baba Nam Kevalam Everything is an Expression of Infinite Loving Consciousness
- THE END