TRUE LOVE WAITS
of 33 /33
Embed Size (px)
Anything Worth Having Is Worth Waiting For................
Transcript of TRUE LOVE WAITS
- 1. LOVE, ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 2. Manipulation (exploitation) "If you loved me, then you would..." isn't love, but rather infatuation (obsession).
- 3. Compromising who you are If someone asks you to do or say something that isn't in your nature, that isn't true love. Someone who is in love with you will never ask you to change who you are in order to be loved.
- 4. Love doesnt hurt. If it hurts its something else. Fear. Attachment. Idolatry. Addiction. Possessiveness
- 5. LOVE follows and obey the TRUTH rather than what the heart dictates.
- 6. LOVE is NOT Lust (hunger) Yes, chemistry and physical attraction are important, but true love also includes commitment, trust and respect. So then, what exactly is love?
- 7. Characteristics of LOVE
- 8. THE FIVE LAWS OF A GUY/GIRL RELATIONSHIP
- 9. THE LAW OF ATTRACTION There is a strange TRUTH about human nature: We value and prize that which is difficult to get and we treat lightly or despise that which is obtained with little or no effort on our part.
- 10. DONT SMOTHER A RELATIONSHIP To Summarize: We value that which is hard to get and we think little of that which is easily obtained. In guy-girl relationships, you are attracted to the person who is hard to get and you run from the one who chases you. Do not smother a relationship!
- 11. WHAT YOU MUST LEARN DONT CHASE SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX. WHEN YOU DO IT, IT WIPES OUT YOUR DIGNITY AND SELF-RESPECT, AND IT LOWERS YOUR VALUE IN THE OTHER PERSONS SIGHT.
- 12. THE LAW OF SELF IMAGE You are controlled by the way you see yourself inwardly
- 13. WHAT YOU MUST LEARN THE LAW OF SELF-IMAGE WILL WORK FOR YOU IF YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF AS YOU REALLY ARE A PERSON OF PRICELESS VALUE. EVERY HUMAN BEING IS PRICELESS.
- 14. THE LAW OF DIFFERENCE There is a difference in the way guys and girls think of love. A girl thinks of romantic love someone to hold her close and tell her that she is special. A guy thinks of love more in terms of sex.
- 15. WHAT YOU MUST LEARN IT HAS BEEN SAID, A GIRL PLAYS AT SEX, FOR WHICH SHE IS NOT READY, BECAUSE WHAT SHE WANTS IS LOVE. A GUY PLAYS AT LOVE, FOR WHICH HE IS NOT READY, BECAUSE WHAT HE PRIMARILY WANTS IS SEX.
- 16. HOW FAR IS TOO FAR? You are going too far when a guys or a girls hands start roaming. You are going too far when either of you starts removing clothing. Keep all of your clothing on all of the time. You are going too far when you are doing something you would not want to be doing around someone you really respect. You are going too far when you cannot make an intelligent decision as to what you should or should not do and carry out that decision.
- 17. TAKE NOTE & DO IT! BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF DATING, YOU NEED TO SET YOUR GUIDELINES AS TO HOW FAR TO GO. THE ONLY GUIDELINE THAT IS 100% SAFE IS: KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF AND YOUR CLOTHES ON!!!
- 18. THE LAW OF PROGRESSION There is a progressive nature in sexyou tend to move toward greater physical intimacy.
- 19. What satisfies you now will not satisfy you later on
- 20. To Summarize: There is a progressive (gradual, increasing, step-by-step) nature in sex. You tend to move steadily toward more and more physical intimacy unless you take definite steps to control things on the physical side to prevent this.
- 21. THE LAW OF HARVEST To Summarize: The Law of Harvest says that you will reap what you sow. Movies and TV promote The Big Lie that no one has to pay the price of illicit sex, but it is different in the real world. You will reap what you sow.
- 22. ITS YOUR CHOICE!
- 23. That is the way it is with sexyou deny yourself some thrills now in order to provide for your brightest possible future.
- 24. PRACTICAL STEPS TO SAY NO Saying NO begins in the heart, but it must be lived out in your actions
- 25. Why haven't you had sex yet? Pre-marital Sex is like math: you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray you dont multiply. I don't want to multiply! Pre-marital Sex is like high school...you miss a period and you're in trouble. Pre-marital Sex takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble.
- 26. LOOK TO YOUR FUTURE IN SAYING NO
- 27. To Summarize: Saying NO may take place in a house, a park, a school ground or a motel but it has to start in your heart long before then. You can say NO, and there are ways to do it. You need to program yourself ahead of time to know exactly what you will doand then do it!
- 28. A Command to Follow Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins people commit are outside their bodies, but those who sin sexually sin against their own bodies. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. ( 1 Corinthians 6:18-20)
- 29. Wait for the ring until you do the thing.
- 30. `