Top 10 Things Not to Yell at Your Kids at Their Baseball Games
Embed Size (px)
You're not just going to sit there stone silent at your kid's baseball game, now, are you? Like me, you feel the need to yell SOMEHTHING. However, much of our "encouragement" is counterproductive. Check out this list from former high school coach Al Ainsworth of things NOT to yell at your kids' games and, in the process, build your baseball IQ.
Transcript of Top 10 Things Not to Yell at Your Kids at Their Baseball Games
- Baseball IQBaseball IQ 10 Things NOT to Yell at Your Kids Baseball Game10 Things NOT to Yell at Your Kids Baseball Game
- How many have you yelled?How many have you yelled? (Its okay, results not available for public consumption)(Its okay, results not available for public consumption)
- #10 (Baserunning)#10 (Baserunning) Dont look at the ball!Dont look at the ball!
- #9 (Pitching)#9 (Pitching) Just throw strikes!Just throw strikes!
- #8 (Hitting)#8 (Hitting) Choke up!Choke up!
- #7 (Hitting)#7 (Hitting) Straighten it out!Straighten it out!
- #6 Hitting)#6 Hitting) Swing level!Swing level!
- #5 (Hitting)#5 (Hitting) Get your elbowGet your elbow
- #4 (Hittingwell, batting)#4 (Hittingwell, batting) Way to watch!Way to watch!
- #3#3 The refs areThe refs are terrible!terrible!
- #2#2 You should haveYou should have _____!_____!
- #1#1 ItIts not your fault! s not your fault!
- There, youll find the WHY yelling any of these common encouragements is counterproductive to your young baseball player. The purpose of the artic is to instruct and build your baseball IQ, not to exhibit my propensity toward snarkiness.
- Photo Credits: Slide 3: David Rebers Hammer Photography via photopin sa/2.0/>cc Slide 9: henry alva via photopin nc-nd/2.0/>cc Slide 11: nathaninsandiego via photopin -nc-nd/2.0/>cc Slide 13: Cowgirl Jules / Foter / (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)