Top 10 Reasons to Try Microsoft Lync The whiteboard feature in Microsoft Lync lets you easily share
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Top 10 Reasons to Try Microsoft Lync The whiteboard feature in Microsoft Lync lets you easily share
1. One interface, many ways to connect Just one click on a contact name gives you all the different ways you can connect – call, instant message, email, video share, or even share your desktop. Microsoft® Lync™ centralizes your communications with one easy interface.
2. It’s your business community hub Send instant messages, add contacts, and share presence status information with colleagues and customers who use public IM connections. Microsoft Lync lets you add contacts on Windows Live, AOL, Yahoo!, and Google Talk networks.
3. Quickly find the right expert With Microsoft Lync you can find others in your organization by name, interest, or even expertise listed on their profiles by using the Global Directory Search feature. Once you’ve found them, check out their availability immediately with detailed presence information.
4. Love to whiteboard? Need to visually illustrate an idea while on a call? The whiteboard feature in Microsoft Lync lets you easily share ideas and collaborate with almost anyone, right from your desktop. No need to travel to a meeting room or worry about dried up markers.
Top 10 Reasons to Try Microsoft Lync
5. Easy sharing On a call with a colleague and want to share a document? With the sharing feature in Microsoft Lync, you can easily share a web browser, programs like Microsoft Excel or Microsoft PowerPoint, or even your entire desktop. And, you can give access to your colleague while on the call so they can work with you instantly.
6. Make it your own Microsoft Lync lets you show a bit of your personality to the people in your organization by uploading a picture for your contact card, and communicating personal updates using the Status Note. You can even keep track of status notes from your colleagues with the Activity Feed tab.
7. Wide range of compatible devices Microsoft Lync is designed to deliver a quality communications experience by integrating with the high quality audio/video capabilities of your laptop. It works seamlessly with your existing hardware, and with a complete assortment of devices optimized for communications. Choose from desk phones, headsets, speakerphones, audio/video conferencing, and webcams. It’s your choice: device or no device.
8. Your office is now “anywhere” Your office doesn’t have to be in the office. Be productive and stay in touch from the road, home, or nearly anywhere with an Internet connection. With Microsoft Lync no complicated connections or specialized hardware is required.
Visit us online at www.savvisdirect.com/microsoft-lync to learn more, or call us at 877.720.3429.
Bringing Cloud to Every Business Under the Sun
savvisdirect believes that all businesses should have access to the simplicity, security, reliability and flexibility of cloud services. That’s why we work hard to provide small businesses, IT professionals and developers the support and service they need to make the switch. And it’s all backed by the reputation of Savvis, a world-leader in IT and cloud solutions, and CenturyLink, the nation’s third-largest communications provider.
At savvisdirect, you’ll get the help you need to do more for your business. Because this is more than just cloud. It’s the bedrock of your business. Learn more about how cloud technology can benefit your business at www.savvisdirect.com.
9. Click to call from a PC Calls can be initiated directly from the contact list in Lync 2010, or in other applications where presence information is shown.
10. Be present in all applications Communicate from within the applications you use most. No need to switch over to IM or the phone when you can ‘click to communicate’ from inside Outlook, SharePoint, and your favorite Office applications.
© 2010 Microsoft corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft is a registered trademark of microsoft corporation in the united states and/or other countries. This document is for informational purposes only. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, in this summary. Desktop sharing, video chat, and enhanced virtual meetings elements require, Lync secure instant messaging enterprise version.
© 2012 CenturyLink, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The CenturyLink mark, savvisdirect mark, pathways logo and certain CenturyLink and savvisdirect product names are the property of CenturyLink, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Services and offers not available everywhere. Savvis may change or cancel services or substitute similar services at its sole discretion without notice.
Offer, plans and stated rates are subject to change and may vary by service area. All services require payment by credit card. Monthly recurring charges will be assessed in advance and are non-refundable under any circumstances, and usage-based and non-recurring charges will be assessed when incurred or on the first day of the next billing cycle, at Savvis’ sole discretion. Offers may not be combined.
Additional restrictions may apply. Plans, Terms and Conditions - Customer must accept savvisdirect terms and conditions and all applicable third party terms and conditions, as required. Service level agreements (SLAs) in the terms and conditions describe customer’s sole remedy for service quality or performance issues of any kind. All rates exclude taxes,
fees and surcharges, as applicable. Monthly recurring charges include listed features and service has no term commitment.