Top 10 Mistakes of Car Maintenance
Embed Size (px)
Taking care of your common car problems and preventing these car maintenance mistakes are the best way to prolong the life span of your vehicle and to get the most out of the money that you invested in your car. Revol.com.sg deliver you these to maintain your car’s good condition and for you to have a worry-free and safe travel with your prized possession. This presentation is brought to you by Revol Carz Makeover-Best Car Grooming And Paint Protection in Singapore. For more information visit our website http://revol.com.sg or contact us at our main enquiry hotline: 6555 1181. Enhance Both Look and Protection for Your Best Driving Experience
Transcript of Top 10 Mistakes of Car Maintenance
- Top 10 Mistakes of Car Maintenance
- 1.Proper Tire inflation and rotation When you buy a car, a manual comes along with it for recommendations and instructions to properly operate and maintain the vehicle. This is why you probably should know by now that, tires needs accurate tire inflation and rotation period. Tires gradually lose air while on the road, however, if underinflated it takes toll on your gas consumption besides under-or overinflated tires both wear out fast. Hence, a tire check of at least twice a year is preferable; also, do some tire rotation as the front and rear tires wear differently.
- 2.Octane overdose Thinking that the more gas, the better is a mistake. It doesnt do your car any good to fill it with more gas than it needs to ignite but oil companies will surely thank you for patronizing them. Just fill what the engine requires and youre good to go, no need to overdose. If your daily travel is only around 15-20 minutes every day, just go for regular gas, but if you travel out-of-town often run premium fuel.
- 3.Timing for oil changing Seasons have changed and so are cars, unlike the old days where you change oil every 3,000 miles, today it ranges from 5,000-15,000 miles intervals, depending on the schedule, before you change oil. Its best to follow the schedule set by the manufacturer.
- 4.Filthy Air Filter Changing the air filter depends on the condition of your car, even if the schedule says once a month you may have to do it twice if you are often in a badly polluted city or on a dirty road. Filthy air filters may cause your car to perform poorly so its for you and your vehicles own good if you check every now and then.
- 5. Tune Up misplacement Dont change parts just for the sake of vanity, unless the timing belt, spark plug wires and coolant are due to replacement, keep your hands off the vehicle and your car will thank you for it.
- 6.Poor tires According to tire manufacturers, a tires life span is approximately five years. Driving with a thin and toast tires is like driving to your own hell. Your tires will gradually or rapidly wear out due to heat, UV rays and other factors. The date code stamped into the sidewall tells the age of your tires; better check it with your mechanic.
- 7.Wiper tales Its more convenient and safer to drive if you can see the road clearly, so before you end up in the hospital because you failed to see the electric pole in front of you because it was heavily raining and the wipers arent in the condition to do their job, make sure you replace your windshield wipers when the location and the season calls for it.
- 8.Disregards your brakes If you feel like the break isnt working, even if its just a slight glitch, do something about it immediately or be sorry later.
- 9.Secure your gas cap Check and double check the gas cap if you have to in order to make sure that the that its tightly on because a loose one the fuel systems venting arrangement which is often the cause of setting off the cars diagnostic system.
- 10.The Garage Is for Parking Theres a place for everything because everything should be in their proper place, so move your unrelated car junk to your basement or to wherever it should be and let the car benefit from security of the garage
- Taking care of your common car problems and preventing these car maintenance mistakes are the best way to prolong the life span of your vehicle and to get the most out of the money that you invested in your car
- This presentation is brought to you by Revol Carz MakeoverBest Car Grooming And Paint Protection in Singapore. For more information visit our website Revol.com.sg or contact us at our main enquiry hotline: 6555 1181. Enhance Both Look and Protection for Your Best Driving Experience