The Constituent Lifecycle: A Complete Guide to the Donor Experience
Embed Size (px)
The 2014 Desktop Reference Guide by Blackbaud gives you insight and practical advice on The Constituent Lifecycle and serves as Your Guide to the Donor Experience. With this guide, you’ll better understand what that day-in and day-out— described as the constituent lifecycle—might look like for your donors. As you work through the chapters, you’ll see many different places where you can thank your supporters, share great information and resources with them, and make them feel like they are changing the world for the better, with you.
Transcript of The Constituent Lifecycle: A Complete Guide to the Donor Experience
- THE CONSTITUENT LIFECYCLE Your Guide to the Donor Experience
- People have evolved.
- So have their fundraising preferences and expectations.
- To succeed, you have to learn how to engage with your supporters in todays digital world.
- Heres how . . .
- The Constituent Lifecycle
- The constituent lifecycle has four stages:
- With the right strategies, you can move constituents through these stages.
- Get Discovered Identify your target. Dont focus on everyone; build constituent personas.
- Get Discovered Create opportunities. Go where your personas are, including the Internet.
- Get Discovered Create opportunities. Go where your personas are, including the Internet. Maintain a blog, connect on social, try peer-to-peer
- Get Discovered Offer a path. Create landing pages on your website that are simple, inviting, and have a clear purpose.
- Engage Your Constituents Ask for something (other than giving money) that will invest them in your cause.
- Engage Your Constituents Ask for something (other than giving money) that will invest them in your cause. Like signing an online petition
- Engage Your Constituents Offer something they value in return.
- Engage Your Constituents Offer something they value in return. Like discounts on tickets or an opportunity to pre-register for your next event
- Engage Your Constituents Provide a source of knowledge through blogs, emails, or subscriptions.
- Solicit Investment Build a case that is consistent, shows impact, and is personal.
- Solicit Investment Make it easy to pull the trigger with online volunteer signups and donations, mobile-friendly donation pages, and mobile check-ins at events.
- Get Endorsed Say thank you with personalized letter that show donation impact.
- Get Endorsed Create emotional attachment by giving your investors something they can be proud of.
- Get Endorsed Drive participation by offering opportunities to volunteer or asking donors to serve on committees.
- Get Endorsed Make everything shareable with social sharing buttons on your website, peer-to- peer fundraising, forwarding options in emails, and swag.
- The Constituent Lifecycle
- Follow these strategies to keep up with the evolving constituent lifecycle. . .
- . . .and connect with supporters in todays digital world.
- For more on constituent lifecycle strategies and tools, download the full report at: www.blackbaud.com/desktopreference