TESLA model S
Embed Size (px)
Electric Car: The thing of the FUTURE.
Transcript of TESLA model S
- SEMINAR on The TESLA MODEL S
- The 21st Century Power Train TESLA The Tesla Model S is a full-sized electric four door sedan produced by Tesla Motors. Teslas advanced electric powertrain delivers exhilarating performance. Unlike the internal combustion engine with hundreds of moving pieces that spark, pump, belch, and groan, the Tesla motor has only one moving piece: the rotor. As a result, Model S acceleration is instantaneous, like flipping a switch. Hit the accelerator. In 5.6 seconds. Model S is traveling 60 miles per hour, without hesitation and without a drop of gasoline.
- The HISTORY behind TESLA The Tesla Model S is a high-performance, premium electric sedan that intends to compete with cars such BMW 5-series. Tesla Roadster sports car Model S was styled by Franz von Holzhausen. In February 2010 it was reported that Tesla Motors was planning to offer a range-extended version of its Model S. This version would have included a gasoline engine to extend the driving range of the vehicle, but it was removed in later revisions. At the GoingGreen conference in September 2011, Musk announced that Tesla was only developing allelectric cars and not hybrids. The Model S was featured on Late Show with David Letterman in April 2011. Because the car uses no gasoline and does not produce any tailpipe emissions, it was allowed on the Late Show set and was the first fully functioning car on stage.
- THE ELECTRIC LUXURY ON WHEELS !!!
- MODEL S PERFORMANCE Model S Performance takes electric performance to the next level. Equipped with the 85 kilowatthour battery and a high performance drive inverter, Model S Performance accelerates to 60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds. If driven the same way as Model S, both cars achieve the same efficiency thanks to the unique powertrain design. Model S Performance features an interior replete with Alcantara and carbon fiber accents.
- DRIVING DYNAMICS Agility & Grace The Model S suspension system was developed for the unique architecture of Model S. It works in harmony with the rigid and light Tesla platform to provide precision handling and optimum comfort. Active Air Suspension Much more than a great ride and handling package, the Active Air Suspension combines automatic advantages with on-demand features. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and increased range. Power Steering Electronic Power Steering automatically reacts to driving conditions to stay comfortable and responsive at all speeds.
- THE UNIQUE TESLA ENGINE !!!
- GO FARTHER Model S sets the bar for electric driving range. Model S is offered with three battery options, each delivering unprecedented range. All three batteries are contained within the same enclosure, integrating with the vehicle in the same way, providing structural, aerodynamic, and handling advantages. All three batteries use automotive-grade lithium-ion cells arranged for optimum energy density, thermal management, and safety.
- The MAGIC of BATTERY !!!
- CHARGING: Plug in Anywhere Model S comes standard with everything you need to plug into the most common 240-volt outlet, standard 120-volt wall outlets and public stations. Using a high-amperage 240-volt outlet, Model S can be recharged at the rate of 100 km range per hour. A fifty-percent charge in thirty minutes can be achieved with a Tesla Supercharger.
- The ENGINEERING Wonder !!!
- The CHARGERS to RELOAD
- THE STYLING !!! Model S epitomizes efficiency, embodying the grace and performance of a world-class athlete. Its sculpted form expresses a constant state of speed and motion. With the All Glass Panoramic Roof, Model S is the only sedan capable of delivering a convertible-like drive experience every day. It's more than a sunroof: the entire roof is constructed from lightweight safety glass. With a simple swipe of the Touchscreen, it opens wider than any other sedan's panoramic roof. On even the hottest days, the innovative glass keeps the cabin comfortable.
- ALL GLASS PANORAMIC ROOF
- BUILT AROUND THE DRIVER Model S is a drivers car. Behind the wheel, youll notice that Tesla has combined meticulous noise engineering with Teslas uniquely quiet powertrain to obtain the sound dynamics of a recording studio. The gem of the interior is the 17 touchscreen. It puts rich content at your fingertips and provides mobile connectivity. The touchscreen, digital instrument cluster, and steering wheel controls seamlessly integrate media, navigation, communications, cabin controls and vehicle data.
- The ELEGANCE of Tesla Model S
- A Matter of Ultimate SAFETY The battery is a rigid, highperformance structure in its own right. But when married to the state-of-the-art body structure. Model S achieves even higher torsional rigidity and a lower center of gravity. The battery itself is designed for safety. Liquidcooled, the battery maintains consistent temperatures to prevent cells from overheating. In the event of a crash. The battery structure protects cells from impact and automatically disconnects the power supply.
- STRONG, RIGID and LIGHT !!!
- NO TAILPIPE, ZERO EMISSIONS. With no tailpipe to spew harmful emissions, Tesla vehicles liberate their owners from the petroleum-burning paradigm. Gasoline-powered vehicles and hybrids burn refined petroleum. Tesla vehicles can use electricity however it is produced, be it from coal, solar, hydro, geothermal, or wind power. As the grid shifts to increasingly efficient technologies, Tesla owners reap the efficiency benefits.
- GO GREEN, ZERO EMISSIONS
- RECOGNITIONS Automobile Magazine's 2013 Car of the Year. Motor Trend 2013 Car of the Year Popular Science's Auto Grand Award Winner Best of What's New list 2012. Time Magazine Best 25 Inventions of the Year 2012 award. Yahoo! Autos 2013 Car of the Year. CNET Tech Car of the Year for 2012. Green Car Reports' Best Car To Buy 2013. 2013 AutoGuide.com Readers Choice Car of the Year. Natural Resources Canada 2013 EcoENERGY for Vehicles Awards in the full-size category.
- "Model S is a remarkably important car. This car shows that it can be done and it will be done. Chris Paine | Director, Who Killed the Electric Car
- THANK YOU !!!
- ANY QUESTIONS ???