Embed Size (px)
tata motors best assessments and achivements its a large automobile concern in india
Transcript of Tatamotors 110104081729-phpapp02
- :THE BEST OF ALL
- Tata Motors is a part of the Tata Group manages its share-holding through Tata Sons. The company was established in 1935 as a locomotive manufacturing unit and later expanded its operations to commercial vehicle sector in 1954 after forming a joint venture with Daimler-Benz AG of Germany. Despite the success of its commercial vehicles, Tata realized his company had to diversify and he began to look at other products.
- TYPE: INDUSTRY: FOUNDED: FOUNDERS: HEADQUARTERS: KEY PEOPLE: PRODUCTS: SERVICES: REVENUE: NET INCOME: TOTAL ASSETS: TOTAL EQUITY: Public. Automotive. 1945. JRD Tata. Mumbai, Maharashtra. Ratan tata, chairman. Ravi Kant, vice chairman. Carl Peter Forster , CEO. Engines, Automobiles. outsourced engineering & design. 37,446.50 crore(US$ 8.5 billion) in 2009. 2,240.08 crore (US$ 508.5 million) in 2009. $15.430 billion (2009) $763 million (2009)
- IMPORTANT DEVELOPEMENT TATA NANO In January 2008, Tata Motors launched Tata Nano, the least expensive production car in the world at about Rs. 100,000 (US $2,500). The city car was unveiled during the Auto Expo 2008 exhibition in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Tata has faced controversy over developing the Nano as some environmentalists are concerned that the launch of such a low-priced car could lead to mass motorization in India with adverse effects on pollution and global warming. Tata has set up a factory in Sanand, Gujarat and the first Nanos are to roll out summer 2009. Tata Nano Europa has been developed for sale in developed economies and is to hit markets in 2010 while the normal Nano should hit markets in South Africa, Kenya and countries in Asia and Africa by late 2009. A battery version is also planned.
- TATA ACE Tata Ace, India's first indigenously developed sub-one ton mini-truck, was launched in May 2005. By October 2005, LCV sales of Tata Motors had grown by 36.6 percent to 28,537 units due to the rising demand for Ace. The Ace was built with a load body produced by Autoline Industries. By 2005, Autoline was producing 300 load bodies per day for Tata Motors. Ace is still a top seller for TML with 5M units sold to date (June 2010).
- COMPRESSED AIR CAR Motor Development International of France has developed the world's first prototype of a compressed air car, named OneCAT. In 2007, MDI owner Guy Negre was reported to have "the backing of Tata". It has airtanks that can be filled in 4 hours. There are no gasoline costs and no fossil fuel emissions from the vehicle when run in town. OneCAT is a five seat vehicle with a 200-litre (7.1 cu ft) trunk. With full tanks it is said to run at 100 km/h (62 mph) for 90 kilometres (56 mi) range in urban cycle.
- TATA IN INDIA Tata Motors Limited is Indias largest automobile company, with revenues of 35,651.48 crore (US$ 8.09 billion) in 200708. It is the leader in commercial vehicles in each segment, and among the top three in passenger vehicles in India with products in the compact, midsize car and utility vehicle segments.Tata vehicles are sold primarily in India, and over 4 million Tata vehicles have been produced domestically since the first Tata vehicle was assembled in 1954. The companys manufacturing base in India is spread across Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Karnataka. Following a strategic alliance with Fiat in 2005, Tata set up an industrial joint venture with Fiat Group Automobiles at Ranjangaon (Maharashtra) to produce both Fiat and Tata cars and Fiat powertrains. The company is establishing a new plant at Sanand (Gujarat). Tata's dealership, sales, service and spare parts network comprises over 3500 touch points.
- TATAS GLOBAL OPERATIONS The acquisitions is Jaguar Land Rover, a business comprising two struggling iconic British brands that was acquired from the Ford Motor Company in 2008. In 2004, Tata acquired the Daewoo Commercial Vehicles Company, South Koreas second largest truck maker.Today two-thirds of heavy commercial vehicle exports out of South Korea are from Tata Daewoo. In 2005, Tata Motors acquired a 21% controlling stake in Hispano Carrocera, a Spanish bus and coach manufacturer,Tata Motors continued its market area expansion through the introduction of new products such as buses (Starbus & Globus, jointly developed with subsidiary Hispano Carrocera) and trucks (Novus, jointly developed with subsidiary Tata Daewoo). In May, 2009 Tata unveiled the Tata World Truck range jointly developed with Tata Daewoo Debuting in South Korea, South Africa, the SAARC countries and the Middle-East by the end of 2009 In 2006, Tata formed a joint venture with the Brazil-based Marcopolo to manufacture fully-built buses and coaches for India and other international markets. Tata has franchisee/joint venture assembly operations in Kenya, Bangladesh, Ukraine, Russia and Senegal.
- PRODUCTS Passenger cars and utility vehicles Tata Sierra (Discontinued) Tata Estate (Discontinued) Tata Sumo/Spacio Tata Safari Tata Indica Tata Vista Tata Indigo Tata Manza Nano Tata Xenon XT Tata Aria tata Tata Indigo Marina Tata Winger Tata Magic Tata pratul
- CONCEPT VEHICAL 2000 Aria Roadster 2001 Aria Coupe 2002 Tata Indiva 2004 Tata Indigo Advent 2005 Tata Xover 2006 Tata Cliffrider 2007 Tata Elegante 2009 Tata Pr1ma 2010 Tata Versa 2010 Tata Essota Tata Xo ver
- TATA TECHNOLOGIES TTL TTL provides Engineering and Design (E&D) solutions to the Automotive Industry. Tata Motors holds 86.91% of TTLs share capital. TTL is based in Pune (Hinjawadi) and operates in the US and Europe through its wholly owned subsidiaries in Detroit and London respectively. It also has a presence in Thailand. Tata Technologies is a software service provider in the IT services and BPO space. Its global client list includes Ford, General Motors, Toyota and Honda, to name a few. It bought over the British engineering and design services company, Incat International Plc for Rs4b in August 2005. Incat specializes in engineering & design services and product lifecycle management in the international automotive, aerospace and engineering markets.
- TATA MOTORS Tata brandS Tata Daewoo Jaguar Land Rover Tata Hispano Cars/MUVs/SUVs Nano Indica Indigo Sumo Sumo Grande Safari Aria Concept models OneCAT Indica Silhouette Xover Elegante Aria Coupe Cliffrider Pick-ups 207 DI TL Xenon XT BusesGlobus Hispano Globus Starbus Marcopolo Bus Medium and heavy trucks Construck Novus Prima Mini vans Winger Magic Iris Venture SCVs/LCVs 407 Ace Historic models Sierra Estate Tata Mobile
- TATA GROUP Companies CMC Tata BP Solar Tata Coffee Tata Chemicals Tata Consultancy Services Tata Elxsi Tata Interactive Systems TataMotors Tata Steel Tata Power Tata Tea Tata Communications Tata Technologies Limited Tata Teleservices Titan Industries Tata Voltas The Indian Hotels Company Trent (Westside) Notable non-Indian Companies Corus Group Tetley Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle VSNL International Canada Jaguar Cars Land Rover Brunner Mond Brands Good Earth Teas Tanishq Taj Hotels I-shakti Tata Salt Tata Sky Tata Indicom Tata DoCoMo Titan Westside Voltas Virgin Mobile India
- Jamsetji Tata Dorabji Tata Nowroji Saklatwala J. R. D. Tata Ratan Tata Pallonji Mistry