Stages in DNA fingerprinting. Diagram and method for DNA fingerprinting.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Stages in DNA fingerprinting. Diagram and method for DNA fingerprinting.
Stages in DNA fingerprinting
Diagram and method for DNA fingerprinting
Results for DNA
DNA finger print
Why we use DNA profiling
• DNA profiling (also called DNA testing, DNA typing, or genetic fingerprinting) is a technique employed by forensic scientists to assist in the identification of individuals by their respective DNA profiles. DNA profiles are encrypted sets of numbers that reflect a person's DNA makeup, which can also be used as the person's identifier.
Use of DNA finger printing
• In maternity/paternity testing to prove parentage of a child
• Forensic science – crime scene investigations to prove innocence or guilt
• To identify victims of crime or accidents, e.g. death in a fire, to identify human remains etc
• Evolutionary relationships between living things
• Identifying viable embryos
DNA finger printing