Speaking and listening skills
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Speaking and listening skills
- 1. LISTENING AND SPEAKING SKILLSBy: BIAS LArAm 031110703
- 2. Listening skills are ways to help you listen to something more effectively.
- 3. To avoid communication errors. Key to success. Learn something new.
- 4. Active listening Selective listening Ignoring listening Emphatic listening
- 5. Understanding all things Proper interaction Proper feedback
- 6. Selective portion Topic may not be according to linking
- 7. Not listening at all Pretty insulting to other
- 8. Most effective level Arguing Listen with heart and mind Empathy is sympathy
- 9. Hearing and Listening are not same. Hearing: Hearing is with the senses. Ears pick up sound waves and then transported to our brain. Listening: Listening is with the mind. Communication process and, to be successful is an active process.
- 10. Appreciative Listening Critical Listening Informational Listening Relationship Listening Discriminative Listening
- 11. It improves the relationship between people. Emphasis is an understanding the other person. Three behaviors are key to effective relationship listening
- 12. MIND READER: Ask what the person is thinking or feeling. REHEARSER: Let the customer finish their thoughts before determining what question to ask next. FILTERER: Be aware of your own assumptions. DREAMER: Stay present.
- 13. COMPARER: Treat each customer as the unique person they are. FIXER: Fully understand needs before recommending a solution. INDENTIFIER:Remember that itsabout the customer, notyou.
- 14. Speaking skills is the act of generating wordsthat can be understood by listeners. A goodspeaker is clear and informative.
- 15. Ability to convey your information in a proper way Ability to stand out from the rest Career enhancement Encouraging people to communicate with each other.