Social Media for Retailers
of 25 /25
Embed Size (px)
Social Media insight for retailers. This presentation was delivered to Chatswood Chase retailers on 5 August, 2014. The two videos used in this presentation are: How do you want your customers to feel? (Designed by Apple ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZmIiIXuZ0) Mobile first insight (Salesforce and Burberry collaboration ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzBIYwZsut0)
Transcript of Social Media for Retailers
- Hello, Im @SamBe11
- Clever examples Objectives How? Tools! Your questions
- Salesforce & Burberry collaboration
- What do you want to achieve online? more customers? whats your target? save your clients time? give them clever recipes / tips / suggestions for wellbeing and healthy living? inform them of other businesses related services? have a great online profile? attract more relevant industry contacts to learn from?
- How to do Social Media well... Delight. Do things that have people feel interested, fascinated, happy, and support their need. Give people experiences and give insight to experiences they can have. Focus. Be realistic with the time you have. Get others involved to help post. Be Clever. Know where your customers are and how many you seek. Keep looking for them. Know who their influencers are. Keep contacting them.
- Become inspired by others. http://Pinterest.com/RunwayDigital/great-digital-lift-off/ or shorter version: http://bit.ly/16kNOwp
- Delight What do you want to have people feel? You have a fabulous business story to share. What parts of your story are you yet to share / could you share?
- Delight example + Starting Facebook kudos to Karlie of Bali Buddies who created these with BodyCycle
- OVER App or Little Moments (smartphone) Canva (computer)
- Know where your customers are. Instagram or LinkedIn could be relevant alternatives to Facebook. Are they on Forums? LinkedIn Groups?
- Who do want to reach? Who are they? What do they do? What sites are they on? Where do they hang out? What technology do they use? What style do they engage with (style of words, style of content - video, happy images, etc)?
- Influencers Who is of interest to your clients that you can promote? Who influences the people you wish to reach? Who is in the local area that you can call/meet/email to organise cross-promotion on social media sites? Are there relevant high profile people, bloggers who can promote your services? Where are they & how can you reach them?
- Focus. Setup your smartphone to publish on the fly. Be realistic with the time you have. Get others involved to help post. Use your iPhone timer to keep you on track with the time you have. Use automation to complement spontaneous content - e.g. Facebook scheduled post & Buffer App. Set up metrics - how much are you spending to attract a customer - measure, monitor, review, learn, adjust, report, repeat.
- How to do Social Media well Be Clever. Find people - where are they? in cafes? Know how many you seek - what are the numbers and milestones/dates you're aiming for? 1,000 village Work with an expert to setup Facebook advertising to get greatest impact. Do all of the brochures, business cards, newsletters, posters integrate? Look great online. Type your name (and then your business name) into Google and see what you look like. Is it professional and aligned to your business.
- Be Clever. Test, explore, find your own best time to post.
- Be Clever. LinkedIn - Personal Profile Profile setup Professional photo Catchy headline Connect with your network - Rapportive (especially after events) + upload emails Notifications settings - receive emails that are important Keywords in title and descriptions - relevant words to who you want to attract Regular interesting content Engage with your connections - recommendations, comments, Follow interesting groups Search + connect with relevant people
- How to do Social Media well... Delight. Do things that have people feel interested, fascinated, happy, and support their need. Give people experiences, or talk about the experiences they can have. Focus. Be realistic with the time you have. Get others involved to help post. Be Clever. Know where your customers are and how many you seek. Keep looking for them. Know who their influencers are. Keep contacting them.
- Whoah there partner! Check your Social Media TODO list is prioritised with respect to your objectives. And not too long.
- What questions do you have? LinkedIn, Your Blog, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube
- Delight. Focus. Clever.