Social Media & B2B
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Social Media & B2B
- 1. Social Media & B2B Ryon Harms www.TheSocialExec.com
- Does B2B and Social Media Mix?
- You Are the New Media
- Becoming A Connector
- 5 Ways to Get Started Now
- Tools of the Trade
3. 4. B2B Social Media Spending (2010)
- 60% Plan to Spend More on Social Media
- 54% Currently Use Social Media (up 9%)
5. How They Use It 6. Measuring Success 7. You Are the New Media 8. Skip the Gatekeepers 9. The You Chronicle 10. Authenticity & Expertise Are Key
- Social voice doesnt follow communication guidelines or identity standards.
- Demonstrate your expertise through social media: have a measurable impact on your sales efforts.
11. Becoming a Connector 12. Givers Get.
- Web: A Platform for Delivering Value to Many
- Delivering Value to One is Good, Delivering Value to Many is Better
- What Goes Around Comes Around in Spades
13. Word of Mouth
- Messages Dont Spread From One Person to the Next. They Spread When a Message Reaches a Connector.
14. Be the Connector
- Leverage technology to become a connector
- Smart networkers seek out connectors
- Connectors attract other connectors
15. Community The Power of Connectors 16. 5 Ways to Cash in on Social 17. #1 Write About Somebody Else
- Who Does Your Customer Base Want to Reach?
18. #2 If You Filter, They Will Come
- Become a curator of the information they need
19. #3 Start A Community
- Customers helping customers
20. #4 Crowd Source Content
- Where are your human assets?
21. #5 Start a Movement
- Is there an injustice?
- Do you have a groundbreaking Idea?
- Executive Branding Trinity
Tools of the Trade 23. Blogs 24. 5 B2B Blogging Rules
- The 80/20 Rule 20% You, 80% Them
- Relationships Comments, Comments, Comments
- Seem More Human, Less Corporate
- Always On Focus Group
- Define Your Business Niche
25. Hidden Benefits of Blogging
- Makes you a better thinker
- Makes you a better writer
- Makes you a better salesperson
- Makes you a better speaker
- Keeps you focused on learning
- Allows you to test out ideas
- Makes you a better networker
26. LinkedIn A Walled Garden
- Closed Circuit Networking
- Self-Updating Rolodex
- Contact Relationship Management (CRM)
27. Twitter Never Eat Alone
www.ExecTweets.com 28. Email is Still Powerful
- Stop Asking for Help
- Deliver Value
- Get Them Talking
- Say Something Different
29. What if I dont? 30. Questions?