SMB "How to Hire a Social Media or Community Manager"
Embed Size (px)
Brian Parks, VP of Community Development at SocialMedia.org, shares best practices for defining, finding, and hiring social media and community managers. Originally presented at Social Media Breakfast Austin #39.
Transcript of SMB "How to Hire a Social Media or Community Manager"
- SocialMedia.org How to hire a Social Media / Community Manager
- Speed vs. Quality vs. Cost Lots of data bad hires hurt Brand Ambassador Who by Smart & Street Scorecards Purposeful interviews Science instead of voodoo Hiring is hard
- What kind of CM? Content Membership Curating social media pages Association model Posting content Moderator/discussion leader Encouraging comments and responding Suggesting topics Editorial experience Defining behaviors Brand voice Defending boundaries VS
- Peer-to-Peer Spectrum Publish Content Only Content + Comments Content + Peer-to-Peer Community Primarily Community Driven 100% Peer- to-Peer
- How we do it
- Culture First Science not voodoo Trust gut on negatives, but not skills Radical Transparency Cant teach values Core Hiring Principles
- The Essentials: Moderator Experience Relationship Person Context/Empathy Industry Knowledge Process-driven Membership Director
- Writing Skills articulate with personality Context/Empathy Passionate about what you do Journalism backgrounds Gravitas vs. Peppiness Introduce Slowly Service-oriented Things to consider
- Questions? Need more info? Were happy to help. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 512-651-4800 Online: socialmedia.org & gaspedal.com Want to Learn More About Joining our team?