Scm With Mks Integrity
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Scm With Mks Integrity
- 1.SCM with MKS www.scmGalaxy.com scmGalaxy Author: Rajesh Kumar [email_address]
2. Introduction of SCMIntroduction of MKSWhy MKS for us? Software Configuration Management (SCM) with MKS Software Development life cycle (SDLC) with MKS Software Quality Assurance (SQA) with MKS Software Process Improvement and Control(SPIC) with MKS.Topics covered in this section 3. Introduction of SCM
- Software configuration management (SCM) is a "set of activities designed to control change by identifying the work products that are likely to change, establishing relationships among them, defining mechanisms for managing different versions of these work products, controlling the changes imposed, and auditing and reporting on the changes made."
- In other words, SCM is a methodology to control and manage a software development project.
4. Introduction of MKS?
- MKS for Developers, the award winning and industry-leading Windows / UNIX interoperability solution, dramatically improves the compatibility between Windows and UNIX environments enables developers and system administrators to customize, control, and automate their software development and administrative processes.
5. Functions of MKS
- Identifying and defining the configuration items in a software system
- Controlling the releases
- Versioning and change of these items though out the software system lifecycle
- Recording and reporting the status of configuration items and change requests,and
- Verifying the completeness and correctness of configuration items.
6. Why MKS?
- Increased productivity for Developers
- Improve Visibility for Team Leaders and Managers
- Provide adequate IT Control necessary for IT Executives to Achieve governance and compliance goals.
7. Complete Application Lifecycle Coverage from Requirements Management to Deployment. 8. Support Different Platforms 9. Software configuration Management (SCM) with MKS
- Maximize Business Advantage with One Solution
- Single Solution and Single Architecture
- Visable, Measurable, auditable
- Map and Automate your process
- Rapid Implemented
- Streamlined administration
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership.
- MKSs singular architecture offers full lifecycle coverage.
- Speeds the software development and administration process and
- Reduces errors by eliminating the time spent on tedious manual tasks.
10. Software configuration Management (SCM) with MKS Continue..
- Increased productivity
- Powerful scripting allows you to simplify and automate the execution of repetitive tasks.
- New technology integration enables you to easily control and manipulate todays dynamic infrastructures.
- Component-based architecture provides you with the ability to easily customize a solution configured to the needs of your organization.
11. MKS With software development life cycle (SDLC).
- The MKS Integrity Suite is anend-to-endenterprise software configuration management solution from requirements capture and business process design to global development team collaboration, to metrics management and reporting to complete auditing of software and system change in support of IT governance initiatives,
- MKSmanagesthe complete technology and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- MKS provides a flexible,process-centric architectureallows you to construct repeatable processes and workflows that are tuned to any methodology your organization might be following.
- MKS also offersprocess templatesbased on best practices, that can help quick start development and get new projects up and running smoothly.
- The MKS Integrity Suite is distinguished for its processflexibility , speed of implementation andlow total costof ownership.
12. MKS with Software quality assurance (SQA).
- MKS Integrity Suite provides completevisibilityinto software development activities across the enterprise. With right weight requirements management built as an extension of MKSs powerful software configuration management (SCM) capabilities,
- Provides complete lifecycletraceabilityfrom business requirements through to the deployed artifact, through ONE integrated application. Management Dashboards with metrics and reporting that flow from day to day system use, enable easymonitoringof processes and the ability to proactively make necessary changes. From requirements capture to defecttrackingto build and deployment,
- MKS Integrity Suite providesend-to-endsoftware configuration management, with the visibility andcontrol necessaryto prevent and uncover system errors for software quality assurance.
13. MKS with Software Process Improvement and Control
- The MKS Integrity Suite fully supports software processimprovement initiatives and compliancewith certifications such as CMM and CMMI. Our Professional Services team can provide ongoing assistance to companies who are moving up and toward CMM or other certifications. MKS Integrity Suite provides:
- AutomatedAudit TrackingandControl enablingorganizations to trace the origins and detail of change to business critical applications, and even the documented software process itself.
- FlexibleProcess-Centric Architecturethat allows businesses to construct repeatable processes and workflows tuned to CMM compliance initiatives.
- Management Reportingthat provides senior IT staff with detailed measures of performance on defects, incident reports, and project completion statistics over time.
14. www.scmGalaxy.com Thank You ! Author: Rajesh Kumar [email_address]