Russian Regatta - Caribbean Sailing Week 2014
Embed Size (px)
For the first time, St. Lucia will be a venue for a seven-day sailing fest organised by the Russian Business Regatta. The Russian Business Regatta Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 has collaborated with the Ministry of Tourism. The event, which involves five-day sailing races, two lay days, tours and parties on the coast of Caribbean islands, will be held in Martinique and Saint Lucia this year. It runs from March 21-29, 2014. Organisers said participation is open to everyone and sailing experience is not required. The vessels involved are said to be fully-equipped catamarans which are “comfortable and certified for long voyages in open sea”. Among those already confirmed to participate are the ambassador of the Russian Federation, high-ranking diplomats, local officials and business people. Activities start off in Martinique and move to St. Lucia on Sunday, March 23, 2014 with an offshore race from Martinique to St. Lucia. A reception dedicated to the regatta will be held at the prime minister’s residence on that day along with a party at Rodney Bay. March 24 will see a sailing race in Rodney Bay and Marigot Bay. An award ceremony will also be held in Marigot Bay. In addition, lay day tours are expected to be convened on March 25 while a race to the Pitons is set for the 26th. An award ceremony and beach party is set for Soufriere on that day. The regatta calendar continues on March 27 with a sailors race to Rodney Bay. March 28 has been set aside for an offshore race from Rodney Bay to Le Marin in Martinique. The Russian Business Regatta Caribbean Sailing Week is held once a year. Five regattas have taken place since 2006 – in Antigua and Barbuda, Guadeloupe and Dominica.
Transcript of Russian Regatta - Caribbean Sailing Week 2014
- 1. www.rusregata.ru www.rusregata.com
- 2. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Place and Time 21-29 March 2014 Lesser Antilles: Martinique Saint Lucia Five racing days Two lay days Tours and parties With kindest support of The Ministry of Tourism of Saint Lucia
- 3. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Format Participation is for everyone. The vessels are fully equipped catamarans. The catamarans are comfortable and certified for long voyages in open sea. Visiting two beautiful Caribbean islands. Daytime races and night parties in Caribbean style. Tours to local attractions, duty free and local craft shopping. Individual rent of hotel room or villa at request. Sailing experience is not required!
- 4. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Fleet Modern catamarans, fully equipped for a comfortable sailing and accommodation (bedrooms, showers, freezer, cooking stove and other amenities). size: up to 60 feet; accommodation: 6/8/10 passengers + skipper; sailing: the catamarans have ocean category A certification which provides highest security of the voyage
- 5. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Support The regatta is supported by the Ministry of Tourism of Saint Lucia. A reception at PMs residence dedicated to the regatta. The Ambassador of Russian Federation, high-ranking diplomats, local officials and business people will participate in regattas events.
- 6. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Participants Business owners and top managers Government officials Artists, designers, photographers and journalists Total: up to 100 persons Confirmed crews: Genser (car dealer), (exclusive medical equipment trader), (banking), Microsoft (Russian branch), AESP (IT and office network equipment), (law firm), (car dealer), CBC Group (CCTV and security equipment), (dental equipment), - (oil producer and trader), (boutique shops), (real estate and construction), (fashion), "" (banking).
- 7. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Racing Three divisions of monotype catamarans: Lipari 41 / Lagoon 44 / Nautitech 450 Triangle and offshore races Official international sailing rules apply No handicapping Certified vessels and skippers
- 8. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Leisure Two lay days Tours around local attractions Duty free shopping (where available) Best local food and entertainment
- 9. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Itinerary 21.03 (Friday) Moscow-Martinique: Flight Moscow - Martinique Transfer to hotel 22.03 (Saturday) Martinique: Transfer to the catamarans in Le Marine Tours around the island (at request) Welcome cocktail on behalf of the Office of Tourism and the marina 23.03 (Sunday) Martinique St. Lucia: Offshore race to St. Lucia Reception at PMs residence in Castries Award ceremony and party at Rodney Bay 24.03 (Monday) St. Lucia: Race in Rodney Bay and Marigot Bay Award ceremony and party at Marigot Bay
- 10. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Itinerary 25.03 (Tuesday) St. Lucia: Lay day - tours and shopping 26.03 (Wednesday) St. Lucia: Race to The Pitons Award ceremony and beach party at Soufriere 27.03 (Thursday) St. Lucia: Race to Rodney Bay Award ceremony and party in carnival style 28.03 (Friday) St. Lucia - Martinique: Offshore race from Rodney Bay to Le Marin Award ceremony and dinner 29.03 (Saturday): Lay day tours and shopping Departure with Air France to Moscow via Paris (arrival Sunday night).
- 11. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Package Round flight tickets Overnight stay at hotel upon arrival All transfers between airports, marinas and hotel Insurance Certified skippers services Dinners and parties Prizes and souvenirs Individual tours and accommodation upon request
- 12. Caribbean Sailing Fest 2014 Organizers www.rusregata.ru www.rusregata.com Moscow, Novay Basmannaya Str. 12 +7 (495) 363-2463 +7 (495) 507-2031
- 13. OUR HISTORY 8 years of sailing events organization First amateur races in the history of Russian sailing sport in the best destinations around the world
- 14. Russian Sailing Week VOLVO Twice a year in May and October. 14 regattas have taken place since 2007. Destination - Turkey Total each event over 200 participants www.sailweek.ru
- 15. Russian Business Sailing Week with RBC Once a year. 6 regattas have taken place since 2006. Destinations: Sardinia, Corsica, Toscana, Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca, St. Tropez and Nice. Total each event over 200 participants. In association with RBC.
- 16. Caribbean Sailing Week Once a year. 5 regattas have taken place since 2008. Destinations: Antigua and Barbuda, Guadeloupe, Dominica Total each event 150-200 participants www.rusregata.ru
- 17. Bodensee Sailing Week Once a year. 2 regattas have taken place since 2012. Destination: Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Total each event over 70 participants www.bodensee.ryc.ru
- 18. About organizers VIP Service (Biletix brand) the largest retailer of airlines tickets in Russia. Official agent for British Airways, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic and other major airlines. Russian Yachting Center sailing club and school, organizer of the largest amateur regattas in Russia since 2006. Member of the Russian Sailing Sports Federation.
- 19. Events calendar 2014 March: Martinique St. Lucia. Caribbean Sailing Fest May: Turkey. 15th VOLVO regatta July: Italy. Business regatta July: Germany 3rd Bodensee regatta October: Turkey. 16th VOLVO regatta
- 20. Moscow, Novaya Basmannaya 12 +7 (495) 363-2463 +7 (495) 507-2031 www.sailweek.ru / www.rusregata.ru / www.bodensee.ryc.ru