Runners guide 2016
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Runners guide 2016
A Runner's Guide to Blister Prevention & Treatment
27 Things Every Runner Needs (And Wants) To Know About Blisters
A) BLISTERS BY ANATOMICAL LOCATION - BEST MANAGEMENT FOR RUNNERS
1. Toe blisters - From big toe to pinky toe, between the toes, on top of toes and toenail blisters
2. Heel blisters - The biomechanics of heel blisters (4 types!) and their treatment
3. Arch blisters - How to manage arch blisters, whether you wear orthotics or not
4. Edge blisters - Is your blister an edge blister, and why it matters?
5. Blisters under the ball of the foot - Because there's nothing worse than running with these blisters
B) TYPES AND STAGES OF BLISTERS YOU WILL ENCOUNTER
6. Hot-spots - The precursor to a blister: What you can do to stop it before it starts
7. Blister prone - Wait, why do I get blisters when others dont?
8. Blood blisters - How to manage the risks with confidence
9. Macerated feet - Not blisters, but a terrible affliction to avoid
10. Deroofed blisters - Worse than an ordinary blister and worth avoiding!
C) BLISTER PREVENTION STRATEGIES FOR RUNNING BLISTERS
11. Gaiters - Everything youve wanted to know about gaiters, including DIY (Sarah Lavendar Smith)
12. Lubricants - Another popular one for runners - Do you know these facts?
13. Cushioning - Helps blisters in two ways but is often done wrong - How to get it right!
14. Blister taping - Arguably the most popular prevention strategy - Stuff you need to know!
15. ENGO Patches - Why you can't afford to ignore this strategy for prevention (and treatment)!
16. Running shoes - How to choose the best running shoes based on scientific evidence (Ian Griffiths)
17. Skin drying strategies - How can I keep my feet dry?
18. Running sock selection - An overview of fibre performance for moisture management
19. Are calluses good or bad - How to make the most of skin adaption for protection against blisters
20. Does your running shoe fit - How to get shoe fit right
21. Double socks (and toesocks) - What this means for blister prevention
D) BLISTER TREATMENT FOR RUNNERS
22. Popping blisters - Should you pop a blister on your foot? When? How?
23. Blister treatment - How to treat a foot blister Properly (Hint: It depends on your blister roof)
24. Blister kit contents - Five items that will take your kit to a whole new level
25. Faster blister healing - How to speed the healing of your foot blister
26. Ultramarathon blister care - An example of blister care at an ultramarathon
27. Blister plasters and patches - A comparison of cost and durability (Christian Madsen)
E) BONUS MATERIAL
Fixing Your Feet [Book] - John Vonhofs best selling foot care book for athletes
Foot care at ultramarathons - Whose responsibility is it and what should you expect (John Vonhof)
The Blister Prone Athletes Guide [Book] Insider blister tips for the 10 most common blister locations
Image: iancorless.com - All Rights Reserved