Rubik's Cube Algorithm Rianna Richardson. Rubik's Cube Facts There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Rubik's Cube Algorithm Rianna Richardson. Rubik's Cube Facts There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000...
- Slide 1
- Rubik's Cube Algorithm Rianna Richardson
- Slide 2
- Rubik's Cube Facts There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 different configurations, and only one solution At the World's Rubik's Cube Championship people solve the cube blindfolded or with one hand The youngest person to solve the cube was 3 year old from China Lets Give It A Go
- Slide 3
- Basic Cube Notation R= Right Face L= Left Face B= Back Face D = Down Face F= Front Face U = Upper Face A letter by itself = Turn face 90 clockwise A letter + apostrophe = Turn face 90 counter- clock wise A letter + 2 = Turn face 180 Hint: Before starting, play with the cube to learn how it rotates. The more comfortable you are the easier the following solution will be.
- Slide 4
- The First Layer 1. Form the White Cross Go edge by edge Cant mess up what youve already done Edge flipped the wrong way: R U F U If your cube looks like this, MOVE ON!
- Slide 5
- The First Layer 2. Solve the White Corners Find a corner piece on B, that belongs on U R D R D (up to five times, until solved) If corner is on U already, but in wrong position Hold cube sp the piece is on the upper front right position R D R D Do this for every corner!
- Slide 6
- Move On When. Next Step The Middle Layer
- Slide 7
- The Middle Layer 1.Put the white face on the Bottom 2.Find the Blue/ Red piece so the Blue lines up. D L D' L' D' F' D F Or, If you See this D' F' D F D L D' L' then D L D' L' D' F' D F
- Slide 8
- The Final Layer- Orient the edges -Place white side on the Bottom -4 Possible States State 1: Ready to move on! State 2: F U R U' R' F' State 3: F R U R' U' F' State 4: Do algorithm for state 2 or 3, then you will be in state 2 or 3. **The face in the pictures is U**
- Slide 9
- The Final Layer- Permute the corners two adjacent LL corners need to be swapped Place white side on bottom, and corners to be swapped @ front top right and back right top L U' R' U L' U' R U2 two diagonal LL corners need to be swapped Do the above algorithm twice
- Slide 10
- The Last Layer- Orienting the LL Corners There are 8 possible states. State 1 (where the corners are correct) SKIP THIS STEP! State 2: Twist three corners anti-clockwise R' U' R U' R' U2 R U2 State 2: Twisting three corners clockwise R U R' U R U2 R' U2
- Slide 11
- States 3-7: If you see this do one for the following: - Algorithm for State 1 twice - Algorithm for State 2 twice - Algorithm for State 1, then State 2 The Last Layer- Orienting the LL Corners **Hint: Figure out intuitively, so this becomes natural**
- Slide 12
- The Last Layer- Permute the edges 5 possible states State 1: Edges are correct YOU ARE DONE!! State 1: R2 U F B' R2 F' B U R2 State 2 : R2 U' F B' R2 F' B U' R2 States 3 and 4: Apply algorithm from State 1 or 2. Then your cube will look like State 1 or 2, apply the corresponding algorithm.
- Slide 13
- Congratulations! IT'S OVER!