Rsm week1 emba14
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Rsm week1 emba14
Sales and Retail Marketing
Lecture 1-introduction to course and contentMs. Maria Qadri
• Introduction • Overview• Class Norms • Course Project
Introduction –Course participantsFacilitator- “I have no formal anything. I’m
completely unqualified for any job I’ve ever had.”- Rachael Ray
ContributorsWhat brings you here?Where is all this leading you?
Marketing is a scientific art..
Theories and conceptsApplications, Strategies, and selected casesProjects and presentations
Introduction – Course AudienceThe course is designed specifically for management
employees in entry level positions who seek advancement of their careers.
Students planning their own ventures can also benefit from the course
students looking for a career in retailing and sales force are also an audience for the course
Concept- Retailing and Sales
• “Retail refers to the last link in a value chain where the customer is provided with an access to product in small units for personal or household consumption”
• Retailing is a service • Retail and Sales are both interlinked
History and growth of Retail and sales
• Barters and Markets • Towns and Cities • Malls and shopping
as a leisure activity • Retail therapy• Direct marketing and
Sales • E-Selling
The Service Sector and Marketing
• Evolution of selling • The servicescape • Growing global sector
New face of retail management
Sophisticated customerExtensive database
managementGrowing competitionHyperstar to specialized
boutiques Retail brandsOnline retailing VAT collection point
Where Does Sales fit in?
Direct customer contact Needs Strategies and careful implementation
of these strategies for high impact
Before we take the flight… Backdrop• Concept of need,
want and demands• The Marketing Mix • Customer
involvement and buying behaviors
• POS Marketing • The Maker and the
Seller – possible conflicts?
Till we meet again InshaAllah!!