ROBOTICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of ROBOTICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS
- robotics Robotics is the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation and application of robots and computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. These technologies deal with automated machines that can take the place of humans, in hazardous or manufacturing processes, or simply just resemble humans. Many of today's robots are inspired by nature contributing to the field of bio-inspired robotics.
- Histry of robots The history of robots has its roots as far back as ancient myths and legends. Modern concepts were begun to be developed when the Industrial Revolution allowed the use of more complex mechanics and the subsequent introduction of electricity made it possible to power machines with small compact motors. After the 1920s the modern formulation of a humanoid machine was developed to the stage where it was possible to envisage human sized robots with the capacity for near human thoughts and movements, first envisaged millennia before.
- The Present DayRobotics Robots At Work: Robots have come to play a widespread and crucial role in many industrial operations today. These robots are almost always of the Jacquard typewith few human features rather than the Jacquet-Droz, doll-like style. The work that robots do can be classified into three major categories: in the assembly and finishing of products; in the movement of materials and objects; and in the performance of work in environmentally difficult or hazardous situations.
- THE FUTURE OF ROBOTICS Indeed, the human skeletal and muscular systems are complicated for many reasons. For now, robots will most likely be manufactured for a limited number of distinct tasks such as painting, welding or lifting. Presumably, once robots have the ability perform a much wider array of tasks, and voice recognition software improves such that computers can interpret complicated sentences in varying accents, we may in fact see robots doing our housework and carrying out other tasks in the physical
- Current Use Of Military Robots Today, almost all the military organizations take the help of military robots to carry out many risky jobs that cannot be handled manually by soldier. We have also seen a great development in military robots when compare to military robots in earlier time. At present, different military robots are utilized by many military organizations. Here, in this article we will discuss about the current use of military robots and its different Daksh Goalkeeper PackBot MARCbot
- DIFFERENT TYPE OF MILATRY ROBOTS Daksh Daksh is one of the most current military robots. It is an electrically powered and remote controlled robot which is used to locate, handle and destroying risky objects safely. The man role of this military robot is to recover improvised explosive devices. In short it is a vehicle for defusing bombs. The current use of military robots like Daksh has helped military organization in many ways. This robot can even climb stairs to reach risky materials. Moreover, it can also scan objects using its portable X-ray device.
- Goalkeeper Goalkeeper As far as the current use of robots in military is concerned, we cannot leave behind Goalkeeper. This military robot is a Dutch close-in weapon system that helps to defends ships from incoming missiles as well as ballistic shells. This system generally comprises of autocannon and advanced radar that tracks incoming fires. It is an automatic system that can be also be deployed to protect airfields.
- PackBot PackBot PackBot is basically a series of military robots. The most recent base model of this robot is PackBot 510. This model utilizes a videogame-style hand controller make handier to young women and man. Configurations in this recent model include PackBot 510 with EOD bomb disposal, PackBot 510 with fast Tactical Maneuvering Kit; PackBot 510 with first responder kit, PackBot 510 with HazMat Detection Kit, PackBot 510 with Fido and PackBot 510 with REDOWL Sniper Detection Kit.
- MARCbot MARCbot - This is also one type of military robots that has been used to inspect suspicious objects. It is a low cost robotic platform, and it has been used in Iraq for the inspection of suspicious objects. This robot is one amongst the smallest and the most commonly used military robots. It looks like a small toy truck with an elevated mast on which a camera is mounted. The camera is utilized for looking behind the doors. It has the capacity to run 6 hours on a set of fully charged batteries and was developed with the input of soldiers in Iraq to meet their needs. However, the use of military robots today has helped the soldier to detect hazardous materials and objects.
- Social robot A social robot is an autonomous robot that interacts and communicates with humans or other autonomous physical agents by following social behaviors and rules attached to its role. This definition suggests that a social robot must have a physical embodiment (screen characters would be excluded). Recently some robots have been developed that use a screen to display the robot's head. Such a machine is on the borderline of being a robot. If the body only functions as a holder for the screen then such a system cannot be considered a robot but if the robot has some physical motor and sensor abilities then such a system could be considered a robot.
- Medical robots Medical robots are robots that allow surgeons greater access to areas under operation using more precise and less invasive methods. They are in most telemanipulators, wh ich use the surgeon's actions on one side to control the "effector" on the other side.
- Types of medical robots Surgical robots Biorobots Rehabilitation robots
- Surgical robots Robotic surgery, computer-assisted surgery, and robotically-assisted surgery are terms for technological developments that use robotic systems to aid in surgical procedures. Robotically-assisted surgery was developed to overcome the limitations of minimally-invasive surgery and to enhance the capabilities of surgeons performing open surgery.
- Rehabilitation robots Rehabilitation robotics is a field of research dedicated to understanding and augmenting rehabilitation through the application of robotic devices. Rehabilitation robotics includes development of robotic therapies, and the use of robots as therapy aids instead of solely as assistive devices.Rehabilitation using robotics is generally well tolerated by patients, and has been found to be an effective adjunct to therapy in individuals suffering from motor impairments, especially due to stroke.
- Biorobots Biorobotics is a term that loosely covers the fields of cybernetics, bionics and even genetic engineering as a collective study. Biorobotics is often used to refer to a real subfield of robotics: studying how to make robots that emulate or simulate living biological organisms mechanically or even chemically. The term is also used in a reverse definition: making biological organisms as manipulatable and functional as robots, or making biological organisms as components of robots.
- I'm A Robot Like You I'm A Robot Like You Im a robot like you, Im made of coiling wires held in with glue, Im a robot like you, Born out of soldering iron and some unfaithful screws. Im an artificial man with some artificial plans, That I dress to the nines for you, Ive got a tin box of plastic bags that I shove down my rucksack, So it bulges like Ive got something of importance to do. Perhaps I have But this programme only ever lets me follow suit. Ive got some artificial friends engrossed in artificial trends, They wear their hair quiffed up like its leaving their heads mid-flight, Theres a procedure to self-implode but too many glitches run through half the codes, So I turn the lights down and pleasure myself to past times. I know its sad, But in this programme its really quite a highlight.
- Im a robot like you, Im made of coiling wires held in with glue, Im a robot like you, Born out of soldering iron and some unfaithful screws. Im an artificial man with some artificial plans, That I dress to the nines for you, I work for a local think tank, I do no research and I avoid the tax, Still I feel I need a drastic change of route. I know I can, But this damn programme only ever lets me follow suit. Im a robot like you, Im made of coiling wires held in with glue, Im a robot like you, Born out of soldering iron and some unfaithful screws. Im a robot like you, Im a robot like you.
- Advantages of Robotics Advantages of Robotics Quality and Accuracy of Work Quantity of Production Industrial Robotics Medical and Healthcare Robotics Robotics in Household
- Disadvantages of robotics People can lose jobs in fact