Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Psychology comic
- 1. 1. Self-Concept Self-concept is the accumulation of beliefs that one holds about themselves. It is how one would describe themselves. Rita believes that she is attractive, beautiful and is capable of doing many things.
- 2. 2. Prosocial behavior Egoistic model is when behaviors are done for selfish reasons. Rita works hard because she is driven by the money and motivated by the desire of becoming wealthy.
- 3. 3. Efficacy Self efficacy is the belief in our ability to achieve certain goals. High self efficacy is when we see difficult tasks as challenges rather than something to be avoided. Rita has high self efficacy as even when faced with problems she did not avoid them and rather believed that she could earn or sell out her products by doing research.
- 4. 4. Impression management Ingratiation is the control of others impression of ours through flattery. Rita flatters her customers so she can give a good impression and creates an impression that she is a trustworthy person.
- 5. 5. Persuasion Central route is where a person attends to the given message Peripheral route is where a person attends to the external cues like attractiveness. Rita uses both routes of persuasion when convincing her customers. She provides them with information that are reliable to the customer and uses her attractiveness to convince them as well.