ppt on android vs iOS
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of ppt on android vs iOS
- The interface of Android is fully customizable. It enables you to use widgets on the homescreen, change the backgrounds but it entirely depends on the OS and UI you are using. The Nexus 4 Has Android 4.3 Jellybean with the Stock Android UI whereas the Samsung Galaxy S IV also has Android 4.3 Jellybean with the Touch Wiz UI which differs in the looks of the lock screen and the looks of the interface. The Multitasking feature (in some phones) make it a good interface to use. However, the latest Android OS, 4.3 Jellybean is only used in the 0.4% of the Android Market Share.
- The interface of iOS is mainly for versatile, fluid & fast work. It has no homescreen. It will directly direct you to the app screen where the apps are displayed. This thus reduces the customization though you can still change the background but makes our work faster, easier & fluid. iOS 7, Introduced by Apple 1-2 months ago was made a drastic change to the entire iOS by introducing Control Center, Multitasking, New Notification center and many more
- The hardware on every Android device differs. But most leading companies like Samsung, Sony & LG use the plastic body as the cover of the phones which makes it very light and easy to use. The all black front screen looks very beautiful in some Android devices like the Xperia Z1, Note 3 which are using Super AMOLED screens. However the growing problem with these companies is that huge and bigger phones are being launched every year. How will a common man even use a 6 inch Note 3 with one hand?
- After the iPhone 3GS, Every Ios Phone uses an aluminium body as the cover of the phone which resists fingerprints but makes the phone a little heavy. The iPhone 4S,5,5C & 5S use Retina desplays at the front screen which increases the brightness and sharpness, can be easily seen in sunlight.
- The Apple App Store is a digital distribution platform for mobile apps for the iOS operating system, developed and maintained by Apple Inc. The service allows users to browse and download applications that were developed with Apple's iOS SDK. The apps can be downloaded directly to an iOS device, or onto a personal computer via iTunes. Although Apple envisions the App Store to be a global product, in reality its market is restricted to national boundaries. In other words there are potentially as many distinct App Stores as are countries in the world - even within the European Union which has a single common market, each country has its own App Store.
- Android, is based on the Linux Kernel. The development of Android apps can be done by the Android SDK and the Eclipse IDE. It can be programmed by the C Language. Google charges 36$ per an Android developer account and approves the apps quickly which thus, can be dangerous for the device i.e the security provided by Android is less. With more than 500,000 apps on the Google Play and an account at a cheap price, it is a good OS to develop apps in. Apple on the other side, allows its users to develop apps using the Xcode app. The latest version of Xcode is Xcode 5. Apple charges $99 annually for a developer account and takes a lot of time to approve the apps, that is it maintains security. With more than 900,000 Apps in the App Store, it is definitely a good OS to develop apps in.
- SOURCE venturebeat.com.
- It is up to your taste, which one you would like. While Android has a vast variety of devices with cuztomisable home secreen, widgets and many more things, from affordable to expensive devices. Ios on the other hand provides simplicity with a fast and fluid OS, and a closed source operating system, much more secure than Android, and having more than 900,000 apps make it a good choice.
- OS Mkt Share # of Apps Revenue Developer Interest Easiness of PL Platform Multitasking Security OS Upgrades App Approval Payments & Avail.