Pleo Case Study: Turning Holland's largest leisure/travel eCommerce group into a Mobile First...
Embed Size (px)
Emesa is Holland's largest eCommerce group, with 5 million weekly visitors and 95 million visitors per year across 5 leisure and travel websites. In the summer of 2013, Emesa appointed Pleo to help them become a Mobile First company, starting with its hero site VakantieVeilingen.nl Case study presented at Google Performance (Amsterdam) in May 2014.
Transcript of Pleo Case Study: Turning Holland's largest leisure/travel eCommerce group into a Mobile First...
- Presented by: Maarten de Lange | Mobile Marketing Manager | VakantieVeilingen.nl Renate Nyborg | Founder & CEO | Pleo How VakantieVeilingen.nl became a Mobile First company Thinking with Google, 3 June 2014
- Case Study Drivers for Change 1 2 3 Strategy & Activities Cornerstones of Success Tweet me @renate
- After 10 years of growth from Email marketing and Desktop PPC our landscape had evolved Tweet me @renate
- Consumer Habits were Changing Mobile disrupted every industry Newspapers, Music, Taxis, Travel Tweet me @renate
- 25% of VakantieVeilingen.nls Web Traffic was Mobile Mobile and tablet visitors made up 25% of returning and new website visitors despite not having a mobile website 200k MAUs per month on native iOS and Android apps, driving 4X conversion compared to mobile web visits Tweet me @renate
- Our mission was to make VakantieVeilingen.nl a Mobile First Company From PC Leader to Mobile Giant Tweet me @renate
- How did we get there? Tweet me @renate
- Pleo helps companies, ranging from startups to commercial organisations, to innovate, disrupt and grow in order to reach their full potential. Tweet me @renate
- Pleos Philosophy Unlocking the potential of VakantieVeilingens existing assets, customer behaviours and employees Tweet me @renate
- Turnaround Programme (18 months) PHASE 2 Ecosystem Development PHASE 3 Smart Marketing Tweet me @renate PHASE 1 Mobile Acceleration Plan
- Web traffic App usage Paid media Kick Off Process (6 weeks) Strategic report on Global & Netherlands trends in mobile, social, eCommerce and travel Landscape analysis One on one meetings with VakantieVeilingen.nls Private Equity investor, CEO, CTO, CFO, CMO Workshops with App Development agency & internal delivery team (e.g. paid media manager) Data Analysis Stakeholder Interviews KPIs: App Downloads, CAC, Mobile DAUs/MAUs, Conversion Rate, App Store rating, etc Recommended management structure and hires to become a Product Centric, Mobile First organisation ANALYTICS: App Analytics, Weekly/Monthly Reporting MARKETING: Paid Media, App Store Optimisation (ASO), App Customer Service PRODUCT: Product UX/UI tweaks, Rapid Prototyping Business Goals Work Streams Tweet me @renate
- Business Goals ACQUISITION drive app registrations ENGAGEMENT increase mobile DAUs /MAUs CONVERSION grow revenues on mobiles DOWNLOAD! BID! WIN! Tweet me @renate
- Formed the Mobile Power team in order to drive rapid progress around key objectives Service2Media App Developers Renate Nyborg Strategy & Product Lead Andre Buren CTO Marc Jutten Technical Product Manager Maarten de Lange Mobile Marketing Manager PLEO Design & Prototyping Tweet me @renate
- Phase 1: Mobile Acceleration (6 months) 29 August 2013 Appointed mobile product specialists Pleo (UK) to lead app strategy and mobile first roadmap August 2013 Signed deal with Localytics, the in-app analytics company that eBay uses, in order to get deep insight into app user behaviours 8-10 September 2013 ASO & Analytics training and strategy are delivered to the Mobile Power team 17 September 2013 Advised on company structure and resources required to become a Mobile First company October 2013 Launched responsive website November 2013 Prototyped SocialPlan, a feature that allows users to plan with friends and filter by date, weather and and interests October 2013 Signed deal with Apptentive, a tool to improve app customer service and ratings December 2013 Prototyped BucketList, a marketing driven feature to drive mobile DAUs, conversion and app downloads Tweet me @renate
- Phase 1 focused on understanding and optimising for Mobile Behaviours Tweet me @renate
- App Users bid on INSTANT ACTION Significant differences in purchasing behaviours between web and app usage. People are more likely to buy instant action activities in categories like Beauty, Evening Out and Day Out. This follows trends in mobile search. Tweet me @renate
- App Users bid MORE FREQUENTLY Tweet me @renate Especially if they use both the App and Website Sweet spot
- Phase 2: A New Ecosystem Mobile First SEARCH DISCOVERY SEARCH DISCOVERY PC Web Lead generation Convert PC searches Convert mobile web/app searches Promotion via Google Ads/SEO Tweet me @renate Mobile Web Lead generation: