Photo Ability Magazine -- Issue 1 January 2014
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Photo Ability Magazine -- Issue 1 January 2014
- PHOTO ABILITY #1 The #1 Inclusive Imagery Magazine INCLUSIVE IMAGE What is means.. BROKEN FROM WITHIN With model MacKenzie Clare LA PHOTOG ROCKS The ladies in combo Vintage / Leather Shoot DETERMINED ATHLETE Takes on Off-Road course TRAVEL ON WHEELS Refined ladies travel the Globe YOUNG MANS JOURNEY BACK TO PRIDE AND ACCEPTANCE
- EDITORIAL Founded in 2012, PhotoAbility wants to continue to build a library of high quality images and educate and inspire the advertising and design community to use, create and communicate with Inclusive imagery. What difference is there between Photoability and other stock photography websites? We pay more commission to our photo contributors; we also pay our models a percentage as well. We act as a Model casting vehicle; we are exclusively specialized in Inclusive imagery. PhotoAbility is based in Melbourne Australia with an office in Fort Lauderdale Florida. PhotoAbility offers creative, editorial and commercial stock images, both Rights Managed and Royalty free, as well as Illustration and videos. Our customers are advertising agencies, direct marketing and graphic design agencies, corporations, publishers and media companies, small to medium- sized businesses, as well as consumers. Many agencies and businesses around the world do not have the time or resources to take their own quality photographs for their media and advertising activities, whether a local press release, publication or massive advertising campaign. That is where a Stock Image Library and your photos come into play. A photo library has a large selection of images to cater for a variety of situations and needs and avoids the expense and time of custom photo shoots. Increasing the positive imagery of persons with disabilities and who use mobility devices such as wheelchairs, canes, walkers, guide dogs etc., will not only encourage further inclusion by increasing awareness that people with a disability want to participate and should be equally accommodated, but will help to eliminate the fear and negative stereotyping that so often permeates all levels of society. Once people with disabilities we are represented by a true and complete reality of their lives; going on dates, enjoying activities and recreational facilities with their families, on the job, on vacation, participating in sports, going shopping, enjoying a glass of wine, a good restaurant, and all the good things life has to offer, it will be understood and accepted that these people should be provided accommodations and consideration that recognizes how valuable their contribution really is to all these industries. How many members are currently registered with Photoability and how many of these are active contributors? We have over 100 contributors. PhotoAbility now has over 1800 RF and RM images for sale. How many images have Photoability sold since you began operation? On average how many images are sold per month? Not enough J. We have a marketing plan to change that in the next year. Photographers can earn up to 45% on images priced from $20 for royalty free to $2500 for a Rights managed image used in a multi-national campaign. The cost of an image is based on a pricing calculator. Our vision for PhotoAbility is to be a valuable go-to source for Inclusive imagery worldwide, to provide recognition for our models that lead to revenue and increased opportunities. Our image gallery, intends to increase awareness of the value in maintaining and making structural and attitudinal changes, it will encourage and sustain the participation of those with differing abilities around the world Coming soon: Travability Properties, a site that will provide a resource for the sale, rental, lease or swap of accessible properties around the world. We need to collaborate and work together. Support each other and entrepreneurs with disabilities as much as possible. Unify as a group for the betterment of all of us. The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed. www photoability.net 888-978-3082 email@example.com facebook.com/pages/PhotoAbility @PhotoAbility pinterest.com/photoability
- Sv MAG DIRECTOR Deborah Davis GRAPHIC DESIGN & ART Joaquin Blair CONTENTS SPORTS LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ROCKIN MATERNITY BEAUTY
- PHOTOABILITY.NET What is PhotoAbility? PhotoAbility.net represents one billion persons with disabilities spending billions in travel and lifestyle dollars in economies all over the world. Yet, we are rarely seen or acknowledged in advertising and editorial images. Why is a small, yet powerful and growing segment of society not being seen or represented as customers? Increasing the positive imagery of persons with disabilities and who use mobility devices such as wheelchairs, canes, walkers, guide dogs etc., will not only encourage further inclusion by increasing awareness that we want to participate and should be equally accommodated, but will help to eliminate the fear and negative stereotyping that so often permeates all levels of society. We feel that once we are represented by a true and complete reality of our lives; going on dates, enjoying activities and recreational facilities with our families, on the job, on vacation, participating in sports, going shopping, enjoying a glass of wine, a good restaurant, and all the good things life has to offer, it will be understood and accepted that we should be provided accommodations and consideration that recognizes how valuable our contribution really is to all these industries. We, through our image gallery, hope that by increasing awareness of the value in maintaining and making structural and attitudinal changes, it will encourage and sustain the participation of those with differing abilities around the world. Welcome my name is Aaron Paul Rogers, (I go by Paul or Aaron) I live in Hollywood California. I am a self taught and very UN-professional photographer, I own a camera and I enjoy playing with it on the weekends. I love shooting amazing, beautiful people of all shapes and size. I am here to document not judge. Here are some of them. I am part of a 14,000 sqf artist collective downtown Los Angeles.
- SPORTS IMAGES The wheelchair is not an obstacle The real strength is within yourself. It is the force which will make your goals being real. PHOTOGRAPHER: Aaron Paul Rogers / MODEL: Domonic Corradin
- LIFESTYLE An Injured Son seeking New Inspiration
- SKY AND SOUL A boy whose life revolved around baseball, on the cusp entering his teenage years, with shaggy blond hair and a charming boyish grin, suddenly and unexpectedly enters the world that neither he, his family or his community was equipped for...the world of disability and its accompanying medical equipment. Casey was only 13 when the school called his mom as he began experiencing severe back pain. She took him directly to the ER where only a few hours later he had no movement or feeling from the chest down. Casey had what doctors refer to as a rare spinal stroke. It has been a long four years, says Maryann, Caseys mother. He is now 17 years old and while he has done his best to assimilate to his new reality, he and his mom still find much of his new world inaccessible. He also does not have a vehicle or van that is adapted so he can drive when he gets his drivers license. Maryann found PhotoAbility.net and wrote to us on behalf of her son: I thought something like this would be exciting for Casey, as well as promote acceptance of people with disabilities and show he is just like his friends, just has to do things differently. We found a lovely photographer who drove hours from her home to do this shoot on Fathers Day. While most people would not have worked on this day, it was quite touching that both Maryann and Debra lost their fathers and wanted to do something meaningful on their day. So these women who never met before joined forces with a mission to create a shoot with Casey that would bring him out of his shell and show him in a light that his mother knows is hiding behind those eyes. Debra, who loves to create high fashion photography, had several styles of prom dresses and Maryann was able to find two lovely girls Caseys age to model with him. These two girls and their family stood by Caseys side during his time in the hospital; when he came home they remained close friends. The set was a large gazebo on the lake; because of the beauty of the multi colored ski-line with storms in the distance that gave such a beautiful and intense backdrop, at first we were sure Debra painted them in! It could not have been more stunning as the heavens gave them a very special canvas. PHOTOGRAPHER: Debra Tope / MODEL: Casey Miller, Desarie and Emily Anderson
- SMILE STYLE While Debra helped Casey overcome his shyness and find through this shoot a sense of pride and acceptance, Debra shared how this shoot has helped her overcome her own personal struggles as well. Photography has become a wonderful way for me to connect with others - in return I have experienced so much freedom from the isolation and depression that I had struggled with in the past. Even though I am physically well, I felt mentally trapped in many respects...I really enjoyed working with Casey and his family and friends. Its my hope that these images can capture fond memories and show him a glimpse of the possibilities that lie within. We feel weve made two new friends in these women, Maryann and Debra, and hope you will find what they created for our library worthy of sharing, promoting, and using in your projects. Another positive thing that came from this shoot is that Casey is inspired by the shoot to do photography as a hobby and possible career. We hope to support him in this quest and that you lend your support as well. Although things happen you can still go ahead with our heads held high and enjoy life.
- MUSIC STYLE Casey has tried to stay active, and his mother has found a