Palletizing AC units - criticalpower.com · Bubble wrap, packing foam and stretch wrap will protect...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Palletizing AC units - criticalpower.com · Bubble wrap, packing foam and stretch wrap will protect...
Palletizing AC unitsFrom Critical Power Products & Services
Use Proper 2x4 and 4x4 NOYESYES
** Please remember to photograph units before wrapping and after properly palletizing, wrapping, and securing to a pallet. Pictures provide proof of any damages that may result during transport. Evidence is essential to winning insurance claims. **
• Heavy items require heavy cribbing. It is essential that the unit does not break through a pallet while in route. Freight carriers and insurance companies will not cover damages to freight as a result of a pallet breaking under load.
• The capacity that a pallet can safely hold can change depending on the number of deck boards, thickness of boards, and unit placement upon a pallet. Avoid using 1”x 4” and 1” x 6” boards as they will flex and snap much easier than 2” x 4” and 4”x 4” boards.
Give Enough Space around the Unit
• Palletized items are moved and handled by multiple forklifts, trucks, and docks while in transit. It is imperative that the unit be protected from the variety of variables by establishing a 2”- 4” surface space to which the pallet will take the hit.
• The unit is not considered properly palletized if any of the parts, sides, hangers, etc. are surpassing the pallet.
Band and Wrap
• Utilize steel banders or 2” ratchet straps to prevent a machine from tipping off of a pallet. 2 straps should be utilized for every item to be shipped. Please place cardboard, plastic, rubber, etc. protectors between the banding and the edge of a unit.
• Edge protectors prevent the crushing of soft metals. Bubble wrap, packing foam and stretch wrap will protect the equipment from exposure to elements as well as possible dings, dents, scratches, and damages which could occur.
• The securement system chosen must be appropriate for the cargo's size, shape, strength, and characteristics.
Palletizing AC unitsUse Proper 2x4 and 4x4 Give Enough Space around the UnitBand and Wrap