Pak Advertising for Global Economy
Embed Size (px)
Shaping Scientific Pakistani Advertising for Global Economy
Transcript of Pak Advertising for Global Economy
- Shaping Scientific PakistaniAdvertising for Global Economy 380+ New Jobs in 2014 Excellent Media Ecosystem $5.5 Million Ad Services Exports
- Contents Preface Advertising Industry of Pakistan Problems and Challenges Pakistan Exportable Advertising Services Pakistan Advertising Foundation Roadmap and Milestones Media Ecosystem Targets Programs I to XII Economic Benefits of Programs Start-up Grant Required Discussion Questions Stakeholders Response
- Preface First advertising agency was established in Karachi in 1953. Today there are more than 300 advertising agencies throughout the country. Pakistan Advertising Association was formed for sustainable progress of advertising industry with special focus on human resources development. Ad agencies are still perceived as commission agents of print and electronic media. They are not recognized yet as change catalyst. Advertising employees do not enjoy social security and old age benefits. This insecurity has damaged creativity and quality of work. No Pakistani has achieved yet Ogilvy Award. For increasing advertising services exports, there is need of Pakistan Advertising Federation. Hopefully policy makers and working adpersons would get up and stand for their rights. Advertising Industry More than 250 advertising agencies working in Pakistan employ over 2000 advertising workers. More than 200 MBAs are serving the industry. Ad agencies usually get commission from newspapers, TV and Radio channels. Latest information about ad agencies and suspended agencies can be had from websites of APNS and PBA.
- Income Disparity There is huge wealth and income difference between media workers (journalists) and advertising workers. No advertising worker gets grants for marriage and house building. Ninety percent adpersons are registered with EOBI. This insecurity adversely affects communication, creativity and quality. Ad Services Exports Advertising services exports of Pakistan were meager in 2011 and 2012. Exact information can be had from website of TDAP. www.tdap.gov.pk
- Neglected Regions There are few leading advertising agencies of Pakistan having branch offices in FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, Azad Kashmir and Baluchistan. Media buying houses and ad agencies like Adcom, Lowe & Rauf, Manhattan Leo Burnett and Synergy must have branch offices in FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir to measure outreach campaigns of National AIDS Control Program and Polio Eradication Program. Missed Opportunities Advertising agencies could not develop marketing campaigns for 220 registered political parties in general elections 2013. They missed advertising business of Rs.6 to 8 billion (US$ 50 Million).
- Intl Opportunities China, Hong Kong, UAE and America enjoy well developed advertising industries. They require ad professionals with right mix of skills. Digital advertising and native advertising are growing worldwide. USA requires about 200,000 ad professionals knowing statistical research techniques. Pakistani adpersons have good knowledge of English and Arabic besides technical communication skills. Foreign affiliated ad agencies like Orient Dentsu and Spectrum DYR do not prepare adpersons for international markets. Advertising Volume
- Promotional Volume 2012 2014 Federal Government Rs.2 B Rs.2.2 B Government of Punjab Rs.1 B Rs.1 B Government of Sindh Rs.1 B Rs.1 B Government of Baluchistan Rs.0.2 B Rs.0.2 B Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Rs.0.4 B Rs.0.5 B Government of Azad Kashmir Rs.0.2 B Rs.0.2 B Telecom Companies Rs.5 B Rs.5.4 B Banks Rs.3 B Rs.3 B Real Estate Companies Rs.2 B Rs.2.2 B Education Sector Rs.4 B Rs.4 B FMCGs Rs.10 B Rs.10.5 B SMEs Sector Rs.0.5 B Rs.0.5 B Non Government Organizations Rs.0.3 B Rs.0.4 B One UN Programme Rs.0.2 B Rs.0.3 B Rs.29.8 Billion Rs.31.4 Billion
- Exportable Ad Services Online Copywriting Copywriting Creative Writing Technical Writing Article & Blog Writing Word Processing Data Entry & Research Proofreading Photography Translation (Eng-Arab / Eng-Urdu) Editing Microsite Development Graphic Designing Product & Package Designing Publishing Industrial Research Fashion Designing AV Production Vinography Modeling Printing Social Media Marketing Online Telemarketing Business Research
- Pak Advertising Foundation It will be established as a not-for- profit organization under the Companies Ordinance 1984 and will plan for promotion of advertising industry and protection of advertising workers in Pakistan and neglected regions. It will develop effective mechanism for shaping advertising matching with global economy. Patron-in-Chief: Chairman: Appointed by election Members: 3 Advertising Agencies, 3 Advertising Professionals Meetings: Monthly or as desired by the Chairman PAF Advisory Board Shaikh Imran Irshad Pirana Syed Masood Hashmi Orientedge Sardar Hasan Studio4 Tahir Mehmood Vini Vici Syed Shahzad Ali Vibrant Naeem Ahmad Thoughts [Formation of Advisory Board is an activity of PAF. Above advertising practitioners will be requested as honorary board members.]
- Roadmap Planning for Pakistan Advertising Foundation Looking for Patron-in-Chief Registration of PAF with SECP and PCP Hiring of office in Peshawar or Islaabad Selection of members and office staff Registration of advertising workers Funds mobilization Facilities and grants to advertising workers Standard development for ad agencies 20-25% commission for ad agencies Certification of ad workers for overseas jobs and training Publication of reports for stakeholders Self owned building in Peshawar or Islamabad (Inaugurated by President of Pakistan or Donor representative) Elections for chairman and members Regional Offices Milestones or Targets Database of Advertising Workers New Ad Agencies in Neglected Areas (FATA, AJ&K, Gilgit-Baltistan and Baluchistan) Restoration of Suspended Ad Agencies and Radio Channels Individual Grants to Advertising Workers (House building marriage accident) Training Courses Employment Opportunities (Male and Female) Overseas Employment of Advertising Workers Advertising Services Exports 2014 Foreign Remittances by Advertising Workers 2014
- Media Ecosystem Targets FATA AJ&K Ad Agencies 3 3 PR Agencies 2 2 Newspapers (Pashto, Kashmiri) 3 3 Monthly Magazines 2 2 Urdu Newspapers 1 1 English Newspapers 1 1 Radio Channels (Pashto, Kashmiri) 4 3 Urdu Radio Channels 2 2 English Radio Channels 1 1 Satellite TV Channels 1 1 Research Firms 2 2 Outdoor Ad Agencies 3 3 Social Mobilization Firms 5 5 Countryside-Message Circulation Firms 2 2 SMS Advertising Firms 2 2 Population 4410000 (2013) Population 4567982 (2008)
- Baluchistan Gilgit-Baltistan Ad Agencies 5 3 PR Agencies 3 2 Newspapers (Balochi, Pashto, Shina, Chitrali) 3 3 Monthly Magazines 4 2 Urdu Newspapers 1 1 English Newspapers 1 1 Radio Channels (Balochi, Pashto, Shina, Chitrali) 5 3 Urdu Radio Channels 3 2 English Radio Channels 2 1 Satellite TV Channels 1 1 Research Firms 6 4 Outdoor Ad Agencies 5 3 Social Mobilization Firms 5 5 Countryside-Message Circulation Firms 4 2 SMS Advertising Firms 2 2 Population 7914000 (2011) Population 1800000 (2008) Media Ecosystem Targets
- Training of Adpersons Pakistan Advertising Foundation will arrange courses in collaboration with the following organizations: National Productivity Organization (SPO) Skills Development Council (SDC) Pakistan Institute of Modern Studies (PIMS) SZABIST The Institute for Career and Personal Development (ICPD) Pakistan Advertisers Society (PAS) Hunerkada Ilm Ideas Project Program I Intl Jobs for Adpersons Pakistan Advertising Foundation will contact with the following organizations: Overseas Employment Corporation (OEC) Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) Pakistan Overseas Employment Promoters Association (POEPA) Foreign Missions in Pakistan Pakistan Missions Abroad Program II
- Financial Benefits for Adpersons Life Insurance: It can be provided by telecom or insurance companies of Pakistan. Pension: It can be provided by EOBI, Government of Pakistan. Marriage Grant: It can be provided by EOBI or Workers Welfare Fund. 5-Marla Plots: These can be provided by Government of Pakistan and Chief Ministers Secretariats. House Building Grant: It can be provided by Press Council of Pakistan or HBFC.
- Pakistani Adv Women There is no platform for women in advertising industry. Pakistan Advertising Foundation will help forming pool of advertising women for global economy. Program III Media in Neglected Areas Financial incentives will be given to current and potential entrepreneurs and companies to establish offices in AJ&K, FATA, Frontier Regions, Gilgit- Baltistan and Baluchistan. PAF will contact Press Information Department besides launching mass media communication campaign. Program IV
- Restoration of Suspended Ad Agencies Finance will be pro