Paid Search Marketing - PPC 101
Embed Size (px)
Learn more about Paid Search Marketing & Pay Per Click / PPC Advertising. Also known as Adwords, Display Network Marketing, and CPC. What is it? How does it work? What are the benefits? How much does it cost? Should I do it myself or work with an agency?
Transcript of Paid Search Marketing - PPC 101
- 1. eden Effective. Across all Media Pay Per Click (PPC) Search Marketing 101
- 2. eden What is Pay Per Click Adver3sing? PPC, CPC, Paid Search, Adwords Online adver5sing pla8orm used to direct targeted trac to websites through a Search or Display Network. Google AdWords, Bing AdCentre (MSN, Yahoo). You only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Your budget determines amount of targeted clicks to your site.
- 3. eden Organic vs Paid: Whats the dierence? Paid Search Results: Ads posi5oned at the top, boLom and right side of search pages. Their descrip5ons are short and oNen include a call to ac5on. We control content. Organic Results: Lis5ngs on search engine results pages due to complex algorithms that your site must follow. Also known as natural lis5ngs. Paid Search Organic Results
- 4. eden Whats the best way to get in front of your audience? Paid Search Fast & Measurable Results See results instantly. Learn which ads are conver5ng and driving leads, and which ones arent. Further Incite With Google Analy5cs, learn more about your consumers behavior. Organic trac data is limited. Signed in Google trac is not provided. More Control Compared to SEO You can easily monitor, analyze and make changes to your campaign. Accurate Customer Targe3ng Youre able to ensure that your ads are primarily seen by the most appropriate audience choose exact key words, geo-target, 5me of day.
- 5. eden Paid Search Short, text ads. Be found by people who are ac5vely searching using keywords related to your product/service. The Search Network The Display Network Text, image, interac5ve and video ads. Appear on websites that are relevant to what youre selling, and shown to people that are likely interested in your product or service.
- 6. eden How does Adwords work? The Steps: 1. Create your new campaign. 2. Research and enter relevant keywords related to your products or services. 3. Place a bid on each keyword. 4. Write short ads that Google will display based on key word groups and geo-targets. 5. A customer comes across your ad by searching for one of your keywords. 6. They click on your ad, and depending on your bid, you will pay a certain amount for that click.
- 7. eden How does the bidding work? Choose your budget Set a monthly budget that we will spread evenly throughout the month. Enter the auc3on Place maximum bids on selected keywords. Your compe5tors, your sites quality score, and how high you want to rank will all factor into your bidding price. Monitor, analyze and change Analyzing your AdWords campaign and Analy5cs data will help determine what key words and which ads are performing best with what geo-target. We are also be able to analyze how your site is conver5ng that trac into form inquiries and even phone calls (if you have call tracking) Adjust your campaign and web page to improve results based on your ndings.
- 8. eden How does Google Rank ads? Once you enter the Google auc5on, Google determines your ranking by looking at two factors: your maximum bid and your quality score. Source: hLp://www.wordstream.com/ar5cles/what-is-google-adwords
- 9. eden How is your quality score determined? Your quality score is determined by a number of dierent factors. Quality Score Click- through rate Landing page Historical performance Various relevancy factors Ad relevancy Keyword relevancy
- 10. eden How does Google determine what you pay? You pay the minimum amount you can pay for the posi5on you win if your ad is clicked on. No5ce how Adver5ser 1 pays less for his higher ranking, due to his high quality score. Source: hLp://www.wordstream.com/ar5cles/what-is-google-adwords
- 11. eden How am I able to control who sees my ads? 1. Geo-Targe3ng Ability to narrow down your audience to specic area: - Country - Province - Ci5es - Specic neighborhoods
- 12. eden How am I able to control who sees my ads? 2. Keywords - Choose the most relevant keywords for your campaign. 3. Nega3ve Keywords - Remove irrelevant search terms that could waste clicks. 4. Time Placement - Choose what 5me and days your ads are shown. Or allocate your budgets accordingly on busier days or day parts. 5. Device - Choose whether or not you would like your ads to be shown on mobile devices.
- 13. eden Why use an agency? Why not just do it yourself? It takes 3me Secng up and managing PPC campaigns is 5me consuming. If you dont set it up properly and constantly manage it, you will get wasted clicks, lower conversions and waste budget. Google cer3ed Cer5ca5on involves hours of training, knowledge and experience. Anyone can set up an Adwords account, but understanding the proper techniques and func5ons to get the best ROI requires an experience Search Engine Analyst who is Adwords Cer5ed. Were in the loop Google is constantly upda5ng Adwords and Analy5cs. Part of the job of an Search Engine Marke5ng Analyst is staying up- to-date with the latest changes, methods, techniques related to PPC and overall online search behavior.
- 14. eden What does it cost? One Time Set Up Fee Monthly Media Spend Monthly Management Fee
- 15. eden Optimize Your Advertising Eden Advertising & Interactive Inc. Presented by: Esther Willinger www.edenadvertising.com