NUTS & BOLTS
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of NUTS & BOLTS
NUTS & BOLTSSurviving Advanced Content Classes
Adjusting to Middle School
• “Yeah! We get to sleep in longer. Boo! I stay later in the day…”
• How do I juggle 6 different classes?
• The work load!
• PLEASE remember that challenge is a good thing.
Advanced Content Expectations
• Maintain an average of 80%
~and~• Must either meet or exceed on CRCT
• If the homework is taking HOURS, is your child focused or doing more than what is asked?
IN ORDER TO REMAIN eligible for advanced content language arts, social studies, and science, students must:
Accelerated Math 6/7 Expectations
• Maintain a test average of 85%
~and~• Must exceed on CRCT
• Homework should be expected most nights.
IN ORDER TO REMAIN eligible for accelerated math 6/7, students must:
Criteria to Remain in Good Standing
IF A STUDENT FAILS TO MEET CONTINUATION CRITERIA:• He will be placed on probation for one 9-week grading period.
• IF his grades do not improve, he may not be eligible for future AC services.IF A STUDENT IS ON PROBATION 2 9-WEEK GRADING PERIODS:
• She will remain in the AC class for the remainder of the year.
• She will not be served in that AC class at the beginning of 7th grade
• At the END OF THE 1st SEMESTER of 7th grade, parents may request that she be reinstated.
• REQUEST A FORM from Mrs. Lewis.
Advanced Content Categories
LONG-TERM: Tests, major projects, major writing
SHORT-TERM: Quizzes, minor projects, classwork, labs
PRACTICE: Warm-ups, participation, binder checks, homework
Accelerated Math Categories
25% Class activities
25% Quizzes, performance tasks 10% Homework
Morning Workshops: 8:05 AMSessions may be added as needed
Additional Study Skill Resources• Check blog
• Study Stack website/note cards• Khan Academy• USA TestPrep website• Sheppard software website• On-line textbook resources• Online review games•Chapter summaries, notebook, warm-ups•Cornell notes•Use agenda to plan ahead
Students will be on the computer EVERYDAY!!!!
CHECKING BLOGS REVIEW GAMES VIRTUAL LABRESEARCH FOR PROJECTS ON-LINE TEXTBOOKS
ROUGH DRAFTS FOR WRITING ASSIGNMENTSCOMMUNICATING WITH TEACHER DIAGRAMMING
Please let us know when there is a
issue with technology at
school or home
Can’t keep up with…all the codes, logins, passwords, keywords, usernames, numbers, pins, keys…yada...yada...yada?!!
PAGE 13 IN THE AGENDA
Bring Your Own Device
Please read the BYOD Student Responsibilities rules.