NAFI Connecticut, Inc. · MST therapists pledge to do whatever it takes to help your family...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of NAFI Connecticut, Inc. · MST therapists pledge to do whatever it takes to help your family...
Keeping families connected
A short-term, intensive in-home treatment model for families
NAFI CT’s MST Program is committed to helping enrich the lives of youth and families. Please contact us in the following locations for more information on how MST can help and to make an easy referral:
Hartford AreaMaryEleonor Walsh, Program [email protected] Phone: 860.560.0558Fax: 860.560.0769
Waterbury AreaKris Robles, Program [email protected] Phone: 203.591.1815Fax: 203.591.8376
Willimantic/Norwich AreaEric Aleman [email protected] Phone: 860.465.8201 Fax: 860.465.8258
NAFI Connecticut, Inc.Regional Office 20 Batterson Park Road, Suite 300Farmington, CT 06032Phone: 860.284.1177Fax: 860.284.1125
For an overview of NAFI/NFI programs and services, please visit our web site at www.nafi.com.
For more information about Multisystemic Therapy (MST) please visit mstservices.com.
MST is a program sponsored by NAFI Connecticut, Inc. and funded by the Department of Children and Families and Court Support Services Division of Connecticut.
MST has successfully demonstrated:
• Reduced rates of out-of-home placements for adolescents exhibiting high risk behaviors
• Decreased involvement in the court system
• Extensive improvements in client and family functioning including better communication, and interpersonal relationships
• Increased motivation toward achieving life goals and academic or vocational success
• Decreased behavior and mental health problems for identified youth
• Increased cohesiveness between the family and greater ecology such as schools, and community organizations
Making a referralMST accepts referrals for individuals between the ages of 12 to 18. You can make a referral if you are
• A Parent, guardian or caregiver for youth between 12 and 18 years of age
• School personnel
• A probation or parole officer
• A DCF Social Worker
• A community provider or behavioral health professional working with a client in need of family support services
NAFI Connecticut, Inc.creating diverse and innovative services for people
NAFI Connecticut, Inc. is a multi-service agency that provides programming, consul-tation and individualized support services to youth, families and adults in a variety of settings. Foster care, developmental services, residential treatment, in-home services and consultation are provided by the agency with the mission of creating diverse and innovative services for people.
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is an in-home therapy model that research has proven to be effective in supporting families in overcoming a variety of issues and stressors. An MST therapist will provide supports and guidance to families through an assessment, goal setting and in-home therapy sessions. Sessions will be uniquely designed to meet each families’ unique strengths and needs while providing around-the-clock support through our on-call system.
The MST Therapist and the parent/caregiver work together to determine the best ways to help each unique family. Together, goals are created to reach both short and long term goals. Some of the most common areas of support requested by clients and families are:
• Increasing communication
• Helping strengthen relationships
• Substance use
• Expressing anger effectively
• Setting household rules and appropriate consequences
• Helping with school and academic issues
• Reducing the overall stress of each family member
• Developing an expanded support network of extended family, neighbors, schools and friends
NAFI Connecticut, Inc.
MST therapists pledge to do whatever it takes to help your family succeed! We are interested in learning about the unique culture and history of your family and your personal story. Help us understand where you would like to go, and we’ll help you get there!