Mother Goose Rhymes
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Mother Goose Rhymes
- 1. Mother Goose Rhymes
- 2. W H O ? W H A T ?
- 3. SHE IS A MYTH She is a personification of well- loved storytellers who have existed since the world began.
- 4. Charles Perrault 1697 French Writer Comtes de Ma mere l Oye or Tales of My Mother Goose
- 5. John Newberry Mother Goose Melody
- 6. John Bellendenker & Katherine Elwes Thomas In 1834, and 1930 RESEARCHERS
- 7. John Newberry 1765 Mother Goose Melody or sonnets for the Cradle
- 8. Joseph Ritson Gammer Gurtons Garland or the Nursery Parnassus
- 9. James Orchard Halliwell 1842 Nursery Rhymes of England Nursery Rhymes and Nursery Tales of England
- 10. Andrew Lang 1897 Nursery Rhymes A collection of over three hundred rhymes and additional Halliwell rhymes
- 11. Iona and Peter Opie 1952 Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes The latest and most complete collection
- 12. Qualities of a Mother Goose Rhymes
- 13. 1. Musical Quality Children are captivated by their sounds, rhyme, and rhythm.
- 14. Row, Row Your Boat Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
- 15. 2. Action Children like action
- 16. I Have TwoHands I have two hands' the left and the right Hold them up high' so clean and bright Clap them softly One' two' three Clean little hands are good to see
- 17. 3. Humor Children laugh at the sound or the unusual combination of words.
- 18. 4. Story Interest Children love the story element
- 19. 5. Variety of Subject Children enjoy the different subject matter of rhymes.
- 20. Animal
- 21. Old Macdonald Old MACDONALD had a farm E-I-E-I-O And on his farm he had a cow E-I-E-I-O With a moo moo here And a moo moo there Here a moo, there a moo Everywhere a moo moo Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O
- 22. Pig Oink Oink Duck Quack Quack Horse Neigh Neigh Lamb Baa Baa Chickens Cluck Cluck
- 23. Alphabets
- 24. A B C D E F G H I J K L MN O P Q R S T U V W X Y and Z Now you know your ABC come and play with me.
- 25. Dialogue
- 26. Pussy cat, Pussy Cat
- 27. Counting Rhymes
- 28. One little, two little, three little Indians Four little, five little, six little Indians Seven little, eight little, nine little Indians Ten little Indian boys. Ten little, nine little, eight little Indians Seven little, six little, five little Indians Four little, three little, two little Indians One little Indian boy. 10 LITTLE INDIANS
- 29. ONE TWO BUCKLE MY SHOE One, two Buckle my shoe, Three, four Open on the door, Five, six Pick up sticks, Seven, eight Lay them straight,
- 30. Nine, ten A good fat hen, Eleven, twelve Dig and delve, Thirteen, fourteen Maids a-courting, .
- 31. Fifteen, sixteen Maids in the kitchen, Seventeen, eighteen Maids a-waiting, Nineteen, twenty My plate's empty
- 32. Games
- 33. London Bridge London Bridge is falling down, Falling down, falling down. London Bridge is falling down, My fair lady
- 34. People
- 35. Do you know the muffin man, The muffin man, the muffin man, Do you know the muffin man, Do you know the muffin man?
- 36. Who lives in Drury Lane? Yes, I know the muffin man, The muffin man, the muffin man, Yes, I know the muffin man, Who lives on Drury Lane?
- 37. Two of us know the muffin man, The muffin man, the muffin man, Two of us know the muffin man, Who lives on Drury Lane?
- 38. Now we know the muffin man The muffin man, the muffin man, Now we know the muffin man, Who lives on Drury Lane?
- 39. Tongue Twister
- 40. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper, a peck of pickled pepper Peter Pipper picked
- 41. if Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper, wheres the peck of pickled pepper Peter Piper picked
- 42. Leaping lizards like to lick lively lemon lollipop for lunch
- 43. Weather
- 44. Rain, Rain Go Away Rain, rain go away Come again another day. Rain, rain go away Little Johnny wants to play. Rain rain go away, Come again another day. Little Johnny wants to play; Rain, rain, go to Spain, Never show your face again!
- 45. Accumulative Stories
- 46. Little Peter Rabit Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose, Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose, Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose, And he flipped it and he flapped it and it flew away.
- 47. Powder Puffs and Curly Whiskers, Powder Puffs and Curly Whiskers, Powder Puffs and Curly Whiskers, And he flipped it and he flapped it and it flew away.
- 48. Humpty Dumpty Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall Humpty Dumpty had a great fall All the Kings men cannot put Humpty Dumpty back as he was before
- 49. Singing Rhymes
- 50. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are!
- 51. Baa, baa, black sheep, Have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, Three bags full. One for my master, One for my dame, And one for the little boy Who lives down the lane. BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP
- 52. Baa, baa, black sheep, Have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, Three bags full. One for my master, One for my dame, And one for the little boy Who lives down the lane.
- 53. Prepared by: Sherwin D. Daquioag II- BEE