Ministry Transformed - Children - Sherry Myhre
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Ministry Transformed - Children - Sherry Myhre
- 1. May 10, 2009 Sherry Myhre
2. Happy Mothers Day! 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Buzz Lightyear 8. Babysitting model 9. Quality Programming 10. 7 Impress them [the commands of the bible] on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.24 The LORD commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the LORD our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today.Deuteronomy 6:7-9, 24(New International Version) 11. An ideal is what you believe but a value is what you do! 12. Modelan excellent example that deserves to be imitated 13. Proverbs 22:6 KJV.
- Train up a child
- in the way he should go:
- and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
14. The moral, spiritual and relational foundation of peoples lives are determined primarily by the age of 13. After that point, it is very difficult and rare to change. George BarnaTransforming Children into Spiritual Champions 15. As the family goes- so goes the church! 16. Most Significant Religious Influences Survey of Gr. 7-12 Students from Building Faith at Home
- #1 MOM #9 Movie/Music Star
- #2 DAD #10 Christian Education at
- #3 Grandparents my church
- #4 Other relatives #19 School Teacher
- #5 Siblings #22 Church Worship Services
- #6 Friends #26 Retreat
- #7 Pastor #27 Coach
- #8 Church Camp
17. Family Ministry Modeladd a silo Childrens YouthAdult Family Ministry Ministry Ministry Ministry 18. Faith at Home Modelwoven through the entire church Childrens YouthAdult Ministry Ministry Ministry Faith At Home 19. Mark 10:13-16(NIV) The Little Children and Jesus 13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. 20. Mark 4:8-9 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times." Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."Childrens hearts are like the good soilsoft and fertile. 21. Transformed kids are a result of transformed families. 22. Transformed families wouldresult in a transformedChildrens Ministry! 23. 24. 25. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.Matthew 18:5 NIV 26. Dear church family: Thank you for your interest in serving in ourChildrens Ministry Department. At this time all our positions are full. We will add your name to our waiting list and inform you when a spot becomes available!