Marble cleaning and maintenance
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Marble cleaning and maintenance
Marble Cleaning and Maintenance
• One of the most versatile, beautiful and admired natural stone is the marble. Throughout history marbles have been utilized for beautifying houses worldwide.
• Just like any other tile these marble tiles are also porous in nature making them vulnerable to stains as they can be easily absorbed.
Marble care, cleaning and polishing:
• It may be a favorite flooring option but it takes a fair deal of maintenance to keep it shiny and clean.
• Any spills on the surface must be wiped immediately even though the tiles may be sealed to prevent any kind of stains. Spills such as vinegar, fruit juice, wine and other liquids which are acidic in nature have a greater chance of leaving a stain if left untreated.
• Care should be taken while choosing a cleaner for a marble surface with bleach and acid based cleaners being a strict no-no.
• Wear and tear is common in high-impact areas. You might even want to hire a professional marble cleaner in order to maintain the marble surface. Many good services are offered for marble polishing Houston.
• One must take extreme care before deciding to polish marble flooring as it is after all an important investment.