Mandarin Journeys - Asia Luxury Travel - Booklet
Embed Size (px)
Mandarin Journeys is the leading Shanghai based, Western run operator for exclusive tailor-made holidays in China, Japan and South East Asia.
Transcript of Mandarin Journeys - Asia Luxury Travel - Booklet
- We are the regional experts in tailor-made private itineraries across North and South East Asia for leisure, corporate and incentive travel
- Reasons for travelling with us Enjoy a higher quality of service with access to the best guides, restaurants, sights and hotels Get news, tips and suggestions from our staff as you travel Have access to lesser known sights, restaurants and events through our ongoing research Western run company based in Asia with a strong understanding of a Western travellers wishes Get a phone for the duration of your trip for 24 hour support and assistance in fluent English Have any problems dealt with swiftly and efficiently, no waiting for the overseas office to open Be whimsical! Change your plans as you travel (within reason), we are just a phonecall away!
- Travel in the Far East is exciting and invigorating. From the windswept heights of Tibet, across the historic Silk Road, into the lush jungles of Indochina and the enthralling diversity of Japan, China and Thailand, let us show you the true face of Asia. We operate from the Far East and offer up to date information, highly competitive prices, unrivaled support and a deep understanding of local culture.
- A bit about us... As a Western run company based in China and operated by former tour managers and expats, we are uniquely placed to understand the needs of Western travellers. We offer unparalleled service in the field of tailor-made cultural journeys. Collectively we spend several months every year on research trips across our destinations to refresh our personal knowledge, seek out exciting new areas for you to visit, cherry-pick the most comfortable hotels for you to relax at and assess the safety of our tours and excursions. As former tour managers and long term residents of Asia we have repeatedly visited the sights and places we recommend so that we can offer you balanced and comprehensive advice. Most importantly, we love this vibrant and exciting part of the world and we are determined to show you the places, people and sights that will undoubtedy make you fall for this thrilling region as well.
- A typical Mandarin Journeys holiday in Asia blurs the line between traditional luxury holidays and grassroots adventure travel. We understand that visitors want to experience the essence of Asian culture in style and comfort while occasionally also stepping out of the comfort zone to get up close and personal with the wild and adventurous side of Asia. The majority of our holidays are experienced on a private basis for individuals, families or small groups of friends. Our travellers never have to share guides and transportation with strangers. Every individual is entitled to any amount of personal attention they require while on tour and we even provide our groups with mobile phones for the duration of their stay so that they can communicate with us directly when necessary. GUIDES are carefully vetted and selected based on their knowledge, guiding experience, English proficiency and overall performance. Guides can make or break the experience and enjoyment of any given place so we have taken great care to select only the best available. DRIVERS are fully licensed and have been safely transporting foreign visitors for many years. Courteous and efficient, drivers typically speak little English but they know their region inside out and are delighted to show travellers the best it has to offer. RESTAURANTS are chosen for cleanliness, variety and food freshness. In the more remote regions where high-quality restaurants are sparse we will seek out the best available dining options. Unique regional delicacies are often featured and recommended in our quotes. A holiday, an adventure and an experience...
- China & Tibet Of epic proportions and with a tumultuous but fascinating history, China is an unfathomable land of contrast and diversity. Now once Some of the highlights... again a major player on the global Hike a remote section of the iconic Great Wall stage and increasingly accessible to outside visitors, China invites you Marvel at the ancient Terracotta Warriors to explore its cultural wealth and marvel at its natural abundance. Wander around the legendary Forbidden City Travel now to a magical and Cycle through the stunning Yangshuo scenery blossoming land. Explore the mysterious Yellow Mountains Admire the spectacular Hong Kong harbour Have some tea at Hangzhous scenic West Lake See the otherworldly lakes of Jiuzhaigou Valley Walk along the Bund promenade in Shanghai Hug a Giant Panda at Chengdus Panda sanctuary Stand at the foot of Mount Everest in Tibet Meet fascinating tribes in remote villages Feast on fresh and delicious local food
- TOUR SAMPLE China Elite Treat yourself to a truly luxurious and unforgettable journey of excellence. Stay in former imperial courtyards, exclusive villas and grand urban towers. Dine at Chinas most prominent restaurants. Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Guilin - Yangshuo - Hong Kong Days 1 to 4 Spend three days exploring the imperial past of Beijing; see the Forbidden City, the Hutongs, the Temple of Heaven and more. Days 5 & 6 Fly first class to Xian and visit the Terracotta Warriors, the Muslim Quarter & Mosque, the pagodas and city walls. Days 7 to 9 Fly first Class to Shanghai. See the Yu Garden and Old City market area, the Bund, art districts and museums. Days 10 to 13 Fly first class to Guilin. Cruise on the Li River and explore the countryside of Yangshuo on a guided walk or bike ride. Days 14 to 16 Fly first class to Hong Kong. Visit the markets, Peak Tower, beaches and take a helicopter ride over the city. TOUR SAMPLE Hong Kong & Islands From the bustle of Kowloon to the glamorous avenues of Central and along the beaches of Hong Kongs islands you will find an entire destination waiting to be explored. Hong Kong - Macau - Outlying Islands Day 1 A walking tour of Kowloon to see the famous Victoria Harbour, the markets and glamourous Nathan Road. Also take the Peak Tram and enjoy the nightly light show over the city. Day 2 A day of island hopping to explore several of the peaceful outlying islands like Lamma, Lantau and Cheung Chau. Day 3 Take the express ferry to the former Portuguese colony of Macau. Visit the historical heart of the island and soak up the relaxed atmosphere.
- TOUR SAMPLE South by Southwest The large Southwestern province of Yunnan is perhaps one of Asias most diverse and worthwhile regions. A destination in its own right, Yunnan is an explorers dream come true and a must for anyone craving a cultural and scenic experience. Lijiang - Zhongdian - Tiger Leaping Gorge - Dali Days 1 to 3 Around the ancient town of Lijiang visit the Jade Snow Mountain, enjoy a bicycle ride to the nearby town of Baisha and visit the Black Dragon Pool. Also attend a musical concert by local Naxi ethnic group performers. Days 4 to 6 Set out on a scenic half day drive to the Tibetan town of Zhongdian (also known as Shangri-La), home to a large Tibetan monastery and surrounded by beautiful scenery. Visit the Songzanlin Monastery and explore the Old Town. Days 7 to 9 Leave Zhongdian and set out by car to the Tiger Leaping Gorge for the start of a two to three day hike along the Yangtze River. You will hike for about 5-8 hours per day with frequent photo opportunities along one of the worlds deepest gorges. Accommodation is in small, simple and friendly guesthouses along the gorge. Days 10 to 13 Drive for two hours to the town of Dali, an ancient town by Erhai Lake. A full day will be free to relax and wander around this small, walled town with its little cafes, markets and diverse population. Optionally you can rent a bike and explore the lake area, cycling past seemingly endless rice fields. The second day you will visit the Cang Shan Mountains with an optional hike to a nearby monastery and a visit to the famous three Zhongsheng Pagodas.
- A comfortable stay Our hotel portfolio comprises of a wide range of properties, carefully assessed and inspected by our team to make sure our guests will enjoy a memorable stay. While many of our most frequently used hotels are part of well-known international brands, we also support a rapidly growing number of more intimate boutique hotels and unique heritage properties. In the more remote parts of Asia we carefully research the available accommodation and select the most appropriat