Making Money with WordPress
Embed Size (px)
Entrepreneur talk on making money with WordPress. Some social media, and SEO tips as well and business tips and inspirational quotes.
Transcript of Making Money with WordPress
- Making Money With WordPress by Nile Flores http://blondish.net @blondishnet
- Objective Explain what WordPress can do for you Sharing some social media marketing tips Explain how you should be more aware about website conversion, as well as tips Explain how blogging can be a great way to leverage your business Some inspiration quotes by small business owners that are well known leaders in the WordPress community
- What Can WordPress Do For You? WordPress can do just about anything you want as long as you have an idea.
- WordPress gives you tools to change lives. -Chris Lema (ChrisLema.com)
- Why WordPress? Its easy to set up. Its easy to learn (fast turn around) Its easy to hook up to social networks Its yours to do what you want any time you want to With WordPress, the there are very few limitations and usually the limitations begin with you!
- Types of Websites WordPress Can Power Web blogs Newspapers/ Magazines Marketing Agencies Real Estate Sites Government Sites e-Commerce Photography site Music Industry Construction / Contractors and MUCH more!!!
- Business Plan Have one! This is where you will go back to every time. Its the core of your business. Without a plan, youre setting yourself up for failure. This is where youll put together your social media marketing plan too!
- Social Media Marketing ROI (Return on Investment) is the name of the game. If youre not bringing in shares, likes, tweets, followers, fans, and above all, sales, then something is wrong.
- Dont sit around waiting for somebody else to do the work that you want to see. Its possible you might be waiting a very long time, if not forever. - Brian Gardner (StudioPress.com/ BrianGardner.com)
- Rule of 7 It takes on average about 7 times for someone to be exposed to something before they act upon it. It could be a positive or negative action, so that means you need to reach out to them. Share your stuff! Dont wait for fans to do it for you.
- Where to share your business online Google+ http://plus.google.com Twitter http://twitter.com Facebook http://facebook.com Pinterest http://pinterest.com Biz Sugar http://bizsugar.com StumbleUpon http://stumbleupon.com Youtube http://youtube.com
- Wait! Social media is MORE than just online. Dont forget to bring attention to your business offline too!
- Where to share your business offline Local papers Radio or TV Billboards Local grocers with community boards Related local business Local area events Local Chamber of Commerce Local Rotary Club
- Open Your Mind To Success Creating and growing a business is not a glamorous job. Failure WILL be along the way. Dont give up. Go back to your core Business plan, tweak your goals, and then try again.
- Social Sharing WordPress Tools Digg Digg http://bit.ly/diggdiggwp JetPack http://bit.ly/jetpackwp NextScripts: Social Network Auto-Poster http://bit.ly/snapwp
- The best reward from entrepreneurship isn t money, its STILL the people. -Cory Miller (iThemes.com/ CoryMiller.com)
- Website Conversion Remember - ROI is the name of the game. Your goal is to gain subscribers, commentators, engagement, and above all, buyers, otherwise, you end up with a bunch of window shoppers and empty pockets.
- Anatomy of a Call to Action
- How Blogging Can Benefit Your Business Builds trust Builds the brand and what it stands for Gives a more human feel for the consumer A way to market using content even in ways you dont have to feel like you spammed them.
- Should Your Business Blog? If youre online, you probably should be blogging. Blogging doesnt have to be perfect and you can always hire someone to proof your work in case your writing skills arent that strong.
- What Can Your Business Blog About? Company news Product demonstrations Interviews with peers or leaders in your niche Roundup of niche news Specials and discounts Public Events Customer spotlight Tutorials Special Interest Topics
- Conversion Plugins for WordPress OptinMonster.com (premium) MailChimp for WordPress (free) http://bit. ly/mailchimpwp GravityForms.com (premium) NinjaForms.com (free) Google Analytics for WordPress http://bit. ly/googleanalytics-wp WordPress SEO by Yoast - http://bit.ly/wpseobyyoast
- Are You A Local Business? If youre not online with your business, youre missing out. If youre not blogging, youre missing out on the potential to reach people locally or from the surrounding areas.
- If you didnt know Having a website, regardless if its WordPress thats powering it, builds your local community as well. People get to see what your city or area is doing, and it drives special interest to you, which could result in news coverage or coverage on other websites, or people driving miles to see and buy directly from your business or other businesses. Its a win- win!
- What Now?
- Get out there and Blog, Share, and Engage! Oh, and make money!!!
- Thank You! Nile Flores http://blondish.net Make sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter! http://twitter.com/blondishnet http://facebook.com/NileFlores http://slideshare.net/blondishnet