Lucy in the sky
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Lucy in the sky
- Universidad Nacional Autnoma de MxicoEscuela Nacional Preparatoria No. 2Erasmo Castellanos Quinto
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Daz Ordez Rafael.
Hernndez Bernab Lucita Anayantzi.
Snchez Lpez Aldair Brayan.
Torres Soria Miguel ngel.
Subject: English VI
- The main idea
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
- He was born on December 9th, 1940 in Oxford street Liverpool, England. He studied at Dovedale Elementary School. In 1952 he studied at Quarry Bank High School in Liverpool.
In 1980, at 10:30 pm John and Yoko arrived to their flat, but Mark David Chapman shot against John four times in the stage door of the building. He was taken to the hospital but the doctors could not safe his life.
Her mom bought him a acoustic guitar but her sister Mimi thought that John
would never be able to be famous. In 1958, when Lennon was 17 years old his mother died.
In 1962 John met Cynthia Powell, he got married with her in the same year and they had a child named Julian. Eventually they got divorced. In 1975 John and Yoko Ono had their second song named Sean.
When he was a teenager , John formed his own band called The Quarrymen . When John met Paul and George he changed its name recalled it The Beatles
- He was born on June 18th, 1942 in Liverpool, England.
In 1947, he began to study the elementary school, when he was 11 years old he studied at Liverpool Institute . Here he met George Harrison .
He was named Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) by Elizabeth II and also in 1997 he got the title Sir Paul McCartney.
In 1957 he went to the Woolton Village Fair with Ivan Vaughn, here he met the band The Quarry Men , where John Lennon played the guitar. After he was introduced by Ivan and played Twenty Flight Rock as a test, he invited George to play the guitar.
In 1960 he began to play with John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Star in the band called The Beatles
- It was a British Rock Band. It was formed in Liverpool in 1960.
The group consisted of four guys:
- John Lennon (rhythm guitar and vocal).
- Paul McCartney (bass and vocal)
- George Harrison (lead guitar and vocal).
- Ringo Star (drums and vocal.
The band was influenced by Elvis Presley.. Little Richard and Chuck Berry. The group became as a part of the culture and social revolutions in the sixties.
Yellow Submarine and Let it be are the most important and famous albums of the band.
- In the historic-social context at the time that the song Lucy in the sky with diamonds was being listened everywhere, human bones were found in Ethiopia, they were supposed to be the eldest ancestor of human being.
In 1968 in Mexico City, one of the most important happening was the student movement, in which students took part at UNAM and IPN, teachers, workers, and housewives,it was repressed in the Three Cultures Square in Tlatelolco.
- Lucy in the Sky
The song is about an hallucinogenic and psychedelic trip.
This song is one of the most beautiful that Lennon made in his music career. The Beatles has claimed that the fact that the capital letters of the title form the word LCD is just a coincidence.
John Lennon wrote this song because his son, Julian Lennon, showed him a drawing about his nanny in the sky with a lot of diamonds.
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Complete the song with the words that are missing.
Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies somebody calls you, you ______ quite slowly, a girl with kaleidoscope eyes cellophane flowers of yellow and green, towering over your head ______ for the girl with the sun in her eyes, and she's gone
- Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x) _______ her _______ to a bridge by a fountain where rocking horse people ______ marshmallow pies, everyone smiles as you _______ past the flowers that ______ so incredibly high. newspaper taxis _______ on the shore waiting to _______ you away ________ in the back with your head in the clouds
- and you're gone Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x) picture yourself on a train in a station with plasticine porters with _______ glass ties suddenly someone is there at the turnstile the girl with the kaleidoscope eyes Lucy in the sky with diamonds Lucy in the sky with diamondsah, ah
Click here to watch the song