LoyaltyGames 2014 - Finals Game Plan - Oliver Zhang
Embed Size (px)
This Social Innovation Game Plan was produced by Oliver Zhang as part of the 4-hour World Vision Case Study completed by the 12 World Finalists of LoyaltyGames 2014, the Loyalty and Gamification World Championships (http://www.theloyaltygames.com). All rights reserved.
Transcript of LoyaltyGames 2014 - Finals Game Plan - Oliver Zhang
- 2014 WORLD FINALS Note: All copyright and intellectual property rights remain with the Finalist who authored this submission. Published by Professional Services Champions League (LoyaltyGames) with the authors permission. Finalist: OLIVER X ZHANG Country: CANADA This Game Plan was created in 4 hours as part of the LoyaltyGames 2014 World Finals
- WORLD VISION ONE CASE TO SOLVE THEM ALL AN INTEGRATED GAMIFIED SOLUTION
- VIEW ON THE CURRENT WORLD Expand and leverage the current pool of supporters 5.9M supporters 6K events 71 countries $40 M Goal: reduce maternal and child mortality Visual symbol Give back to supporters Multi-channel promotion
- BROAD SOLUTIONS Learning about health MOOC to enhance basic knowledge or treatments to local epidemic Health Professionals Quora-style online platform to allow diagnosis and contribution by extra pool of health professionals Targeted campaign towards their interest, circumstantial constraints, etc. Tangible resources Personal donation, activism Corporate donation, know-how (e.g. construct infrastructure), marketing campaign Gov donation, policy making (local and international)
- SUPPORTERS ANALYSIS Motivation Genuine care Status, exposure, self-marketing Tax benefits Demographic Targeted primarily at middle class in developed countries Anticipate mainly 18-50 age group.
- CORE MECHANIC & FUN Self-determination theory Competence: people like to control Relatedness: people like to interact Autonomy: people like to cause Arguing on the internet Youtube comment sections Balance discussion on games such as Starcraft, DotA, LoL, etc.
- THE GAME Current proposed projects With detailed specifications People criticize; up/down vote Each of the highly voted tweaks will have a crowdfunding section within the overall project. The chosen proposer will lead a real/concrete improvement
- CURRENCY HP The entire system will be based on virtual currency: HealthPoint Earned through certain quests Paid in real money To up/down vote One vote for any HP above a certain minimum At the same time, the amount will be used for the funding of the specific improvement Particularly knowledgeable users will higher weight for each vote Indirect Detachment from real money make people focus on the intrinsic motivation to help Knowing any commitment in HP will eventually help a certain cause reduces loss aversion
- PHONE CASE More People Have Cell Phones Than Toilets (~6B) A large portion of the world owns Pairing: intended to trigger an conversation about World Vision, or least remind people of it People will use it for promoting their own proposing on the forum Farming HPs by promoting awareness Geo-location: host discussions in real life.
- FINANCIAL REWARDS Partner with basic good retailers/producers for %discount or a promise to give a certain amount to developing countries. Corporate partners can host events to co-promote both parties (e.g. Attend a Nestle hosted case-based-location-meeting regarding the shipment of formula milk to a certain village to earn x HP)
- DATA Pairing could also act as a gift card Purchasing pattern with the case can be recorded for better suggestion of purchases Tracking the generation and exchange of HPs will be crucial in understanding the social pattern/movement
- EXTRA FEATURES Collaboration Case makers for logistics/operations App Stores: for synergic promotions Create multiple versions Minimalistic decal Community market for customisation
- Ultimate Reward: a meaningful change Accommodates multiple levels of willingness to help Crowdsource: Specific knowledge Survey peoples opinion (people have more fun than being fed a questionnaire) Sharing is more meaningful than 1 like = 1 child save
- IMPLEMENTATION Robust online platform An initial campaign for the awareness of the programs existence
- Winners announced during Finals Live Stream 9am (PDT) Saturday August 9, 2014 www.theloyaltygames.com