\\Lebfs1\Ljhs Students\2014\Ddcruze\Indian Powerpoint!!
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of \\Lebfs1\Ljhs Students\2014\Ddcruze\Indian Powerpoint!!
- 1. India
2. Lotus Temple
- This temple is supposed to be a symbol of peace.
- It reaches a height of more than 40 meters.
- This fantastic structure was completed in 1986.
3. Taj Mahal
- It took 22 years to finish the construction (1631-1653).
- It was built by Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- It is one of the seven wonders of the world.
4. India Gate
- It took about 10 years to finish the construction which ended in 1931.
- The height of this monument is about 42 meters.
- The walls of the India Gate have been inscribed with the names of soldiers who died in World War One and the Afghan wars.
5. Ganges River
- This river is about 1557 miles long.
- It is thought to be the holiest river in India by the Hindus.
- This river is 120 times more polluted than considered safe for bathing.
6. Sheesh Mahal
- This palace was built in 1631-1632 AD.
- It is adorned by little mirrors everywhere and the smallest light can illuminate the hall.
- It was also built by Shah Jahan who built the Taj Mahal.
- It is the highest mountain range in the world but it is also the youngest.
- Himalayas means abode of snow.
- Out of the 15 highest mountains in the world, 9 of them are in the Himalayas.
8. Indian currency
- The translation of rupee is silver.
- The rupee is the official currency of India.
- One dollar is about 46 rupees.
9. Women apparel
- The sari is a very long piece of cloth which is about 6 meters.
- The saris are made of materials from silk to chiffon and the more expensive the material the higher the price.
- Other types of clothing are churidars and salwar-kameez.
10. Men apparel
- The sherwani is a pant with a long top and is worn for special occasions.
- Men also wear pants and shirts due to the western influence in India.
11. Beaches in India
- The best beaches of India are in Goa.
- They are most sought after in the winter months when everybody is visiting.
12. Mangroves of India
- Mangroves are like a forest in water.
- Mangroves are salt-tolerant plants that live in the tropical and sub-tropical regions of the world.
- The mangroves are home to lots of animals and wildlife.
- " New Delhi Pictures - Discover India - FunOnTheNet."Fun On The Net - The Place For Fun! - FunOnTheNet . Web. 11 Dec. 2009. .
- Parth Holidays . Web. 11 Dec. 2009. .
- "Taj Mahal - History of Taj Mahal, Taj Mahal Architecture, Construction, Interior & Exterior Decoration."Buy Online Mobiles, Flower Bouquets, Books, Sports Store, Jewellery, Health Products, Travel Bags, Insurance Quotes, and Get Info Boxing Day 2009, Golf, ICC Champions Trophy - Altius Directory.Web. 11 Dec. 2009. .
- "Ganges River: Sacred yet toxic - ABC News." ABCNews.com - Breaking news, politics, online news, world news, feature stories, celebrity interviews and more - ABC News. Web. 13 Jan. 2010. .
- "Sheesh Mahal Photo | TrekEarth."Learning about the world through photography | TrekEarth . Web. 13 Jan. 2010. .
- "Himalayas, Himalaya Mountains, Map Of The Himalayas, Himalaya Trekking."Online Travel Guides of Travel Destinations - Las Vegas, Caribbean, Hawaii and Machu Picchu . Web. 13 Jan. 2010. .
- "Indian Economy to grow by 6.5% in 2009-10."Magic of Life . Web. 16 Jan. 2010. .
- "Just in Time for Diwali - Gorgeous Sarees 2009."CLOTH HOUSE . Web. 16 Jan. 2010. .
- "Mens Casual Fashion Clothing Kurta Pajama."ShalinLife . Web. 16 Jan. 2010. .
- "Golden Triangle with Goa Beaches,Delhi Agra Jaipur Goa Tour Package,Golden Triangle and Goa Beach Tours."Travel Hotels India, Hotels and Resorts in India, Indian Hotels and resorts, Indian hotels booking information, Indian Hotels Directory, Hotels in India, Resorts in India, On-line reservation of Hotels in India.Web. 16 Jan. 2010. .