Laura Gainor Utilizing Social Media
Embed Size (px)
@cometbranding tweeted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 that they were hiring a PR & Social Media Strategist. So...I thought creatively and brought a Comet Branding logo poster with me to Milwaukee, while we were house hunting! I used the new photo sharing feature for @foursquare, @squarepik, to post creative photos at each check-in! Check them out...
Transcript of Laura Gainor Utilizing Social Media
- Meet Laura (Vossberg) Gainor
- Came into this world in Eau Claire, WI Sacred Heart Hospital December 27, 1982
- Moved to Kasson, MN Graduated as a Kasson-Mantorville Komet! (Yes, A Komet!) 2001
- Went to UW - Milwaukee Double Majored in Fine Arts - Photography Journalism - Advertising 2001 - 2005
- Photographed Window Reflections as fine prints. They were included in art shows around Milwaukee 2003-2005
- Was an intern for United Adworkers with Mary Pat Cupertino - Fischer Learned the MKE Advertising World and played softball 2004-2005
- Was a free, creative intern at BVK. Got my hands on everything creative! Also played softball 2005
- Decided to move to a city I had never been to in my life! Charlotte, NC September 2005
- One week later I went to an Ad Club event, and landed a job! Greenspon Advertising Production Coordinator / Graphic Designer September 2005
- I was a little lonely, so I bought a dog Gracie October 2005
- Communications Chair of AD 2 Charlotte. Designed Initial Club Logo 2007
- Met @BrianGainor at Solstice, in the NoDa area of Charlotte. December 30, 2007
- Moved on to Yodle, Inc., as an Interactive Marketing Specialist April 2008 Promoted to Client Services Manager December 2008
- Married @BrianGainor on August 22, 2009 In Uptown Charlotte
- Honeymooned on the Carnival Splendor While floating down the ocean, I decided it was time for me to jump on my own and launch a photography company August 23 - 30, 2009
- Blue Wheel Photography + Design was created! I designed the company branding & launched the marketing efforts. As well as being a photographer. October 2009
- Andthat is how I became addicted to social media
- And now @BrianGainor was asked by his company to move to the Milwaukee location. SoWere off to Milwaukee, February 25, 2010! Im going back to a city I love!
- Andthis is where @cometbranding comes in
- I would love to join the Comet Branding Team!
- I went up to Milwaukee and used Twitter, Foursquare, SquarePik, YouTube, TwitVid, & slideshare to get your attention! @LauraGainor
- Charlotte Airport On our way to Milwaukee!
- Detroit Airport Almost to MKE!
- Miller Park
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Alterra Coffee
- Bradford Beach
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Peck School of the Arts
- Frederick House Where I lived during college
- Moved into this apartment and then 3 months later decided to move to Charlotte!
- Broadway Paper
- Eisner Museum of Advertising & Design
- Comet Branding!!
- Andcrazy enough, I got the Foursquare Overshare badge at @cometbranding!
- LIVE from @cometbranding on YouTube LIVE from @cometbranding on twitvid
- AJ Bombers
- Milwaukee Airport Headed back to Charlotte to say goodbye& then HELLO Milwaukee!
- How did I do?
- Thank you to Comet Branding for being such an appealing agency. I look forward to coming by your office on March 1st! Until then I will be emailing you my resume! Connect with me: